CISSP-ISSAP up to date study material

zlykotzlykot Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

Looking for up to date materials to prepare for CISSP-ISSAP. It seems there isn't a whole lot of books on the topic, the I bought the official CBK but it's from 2013. When was the last time this exam was revised?

Thanks
T

Comments

• fitzlopezfitzlopez Member Posts: 103 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Saturday, July 1, 2017.

https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/CISSP-ISSAP/Domain-Refresh-FAQ
    Q:

What impact do these changes have on (ISC)² training materials?

A:
    All Official (ISC)2 ISSAP Training Courses commencing by June 26, 2017 will be available for enrollment. New training courses will be made available in the fourth quarter of 2017 pending new ISSAP curriculum revisions. The Second Edition ISSAP CBK Textbook will not be updated at this time but is still a comprehensive resource that is relevant in preparing for the ISSAP.

Which mean keep buying the book, doesn't matter that the exam is different we still want money.

I'll probably also do the ISSAP this year.
  • matt18ematt18e Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just took the ISSAP today and passed. I studied using the old training materials (version 2). I think the old material is still relevant. I felt it was easier than the CISSP, perhaps because the CBK covers a narrower scope.
  • meni0nmeni0n Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How did the find the question style? Is it again the cryptic CISSP style questions where you don't know if you studied the right material or are these more to the point?
  • matt18ematt18e Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    meni0n wrote: »
    How did the find the question style? Is it again the cryptic CISSP style questions where you don't know if you studied the right material or are these more to the point?

I didn't really ever feel like I didn't study the right material, but I did feel like the questions were geared towards finding out what you really know, not that you memorized a bunch of facts. I didn't walk out feeling like any of the questions were trying to trick me, but most questions did require some analysis and thought. The questions felt more straight forward and less "cryptic" than the CISSP exam. I'm not sure if that was a result of my knowing the material better, or if it is because the test questions are easier. If you have the experience under your belt then my recommendation is to read the ISSAP CBK (2nd edition), review your core CISSP material, and you should be OK. If you Google "ISSAP mind map" you will find a good .pdf mind map by a Jake Eliasz that I actually used and found very helpful for ensuring that I was covering relevant material during my ISSAP studies. I hope this helped.