CASP re-certification exam RC0-C02

trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
Passed yesterday CASP RC0-C02
Re-certification exam looks for me as best option.
Cost 195 euro (with taxes), 40 questions / 60 minutes.
I didn't prepare in any special way. Just quick review from "CASP CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner Study Guide"

Questions on exam were same or very similar to full exam I passed 3 years ago so found this easy enough. As usual for CASP there is no score results just "PASS/FAIL"
I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore

Comments

• ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the pass. I would think that the CySA+ and CCNA Cyberops would grant enough CEUs, but after reviewing CompTIAs requirements, it's not clear to me if they would. Did you look into this at all?
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    yoba222 wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass. I would think that the CySA+ and CCNA Cyberops would grant enough CEUs, but after reviewing CompTIAs requirements, it's not clear to me if they would. Did you look into this at all?

No I did not. For CEU points there is anyway a yearly payment. So I prefer to not a worry about collecting them and just sit an exam

• PsychoData91PsychoData91 Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□

CASP requires 75 CEUs and none of the Cisco Certs fill any of these currently. If you wanted to renew with CE it sounds like Training and Higher Ed would probably be the best way. Something like FedVTE's classes would be a good way.

If you already had access to one of the CE sites, or do lots of CE like I do, it could be easier to just submit CE and pay the CE fees
  • ChocolatedolChocolatedol Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What study material did you use?
  • trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What study material did you use?

At this time nothing. 3 years ago I used Sybex book, Cybrary mp3/videos and Skillset free tests

• stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□

The CCNA Cyber Ops will fully renew the 50 ceu requirement for Security+, but did not do anything for my CySA+. The CASP is even more restrictive in what they will accept. That can be a good thing, certainly, but it just seems arbitrary.

What confuses me, though, is that a CCIE: Security doesn't do a thing for you as far as renewing the CASP. Very odd, to me.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me