Window 10 - Password Removed but still asking for password

tzinebhtzinebh Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
My son got his laptop locked again. Actually he got this problem several times for bad memory. It is no big deal as there are dozens of tools that can reset and blank the account password. However, this trick no longer worked on a new Dell laptop. The computer still asks for password, which was blanked previously.

Does this has anything to do with the latest Windows 10 update?

Comments

• NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    tzinebh wrote: »
    My son got his laptop locked again. Actually he got this problem several times for bad memory. It is no big deal as there are dozens of tools that can reset and blank the account password. However, this trick no longer worked on a new Dell laptop. The computer still asks for password, which was blanked previously.

Does this has anything to do with the latest Windows 10 update?

How to Reset Your Forgotten Password in Windows 10
    https://www.howtogeek.com/222262/how-to-reset-your-forgotten-password-in-windows-10/
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • 636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    That's a pretty bad memory. Why not make it easy like his birth year and his name? 2001Johnny - hard to forget the year you were born and your name....
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Only one way to get better at remembering things...
  • gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I don't give any advice to completely anonymous users with fresh registrations on public forums on this topic.

Seek professional services for a fee and see if they buy your story.
  • tzinebhtzinebh Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□

Thanks. I am going to test it out.
    I don't give any advice to completely anonymous users with fresh registrations on public forums on this topic.

It is my last option if I can't figure it out myself.
  • ppomerppomer Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My password is my birth date, which is easy to remember , for your question,mayeb the old password has not removed on Dell laptop completely, try rsetting it and creat a new password on your Dall laptop .
  • Infosec85Infosec85 Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□

I am with you on this one, maybe we are both the skeptical types...
  • tzinebhtzinebh Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ppomer wrote: »
    My password is my birth date, which is easy to remember , for your question,mayeb the old password has not removed on Dell laptop completely, try rsetting it and creat a new password on your Dall laptop .
    I have done this before on my Windows 7 and XP computer. but it failed on this time.
    tzinebh wrote: »
    I have done this before on my Windows 7 and XP computer. but it failed on this time.
    You can do it, as long as you can remove the old Win 10 password . just like this ,
    The create a new password on Win 10 , keep in mind ,write down new password where you know it .
    ppomer wrote: »
    You can do it, as long as you can remove the old Win 10 password . just like this:https://www.passmoz.com/reset-windows-10-password.html
    The create a new password on Win 10 , keep in mind ,write down new password where you know it .
    When everything goes back to normal , don't forget to create a password reset disk .
  • jogh_cuttsjogh_cutts Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've been in such a condition many times when my brother or any of my family members forgot their Windows password. This happens a lot if users aren't using the laptops or their PCs regularly. So, in such a condition, I recommend you to use Kali Linux to reset the Windows password.

It's because it's way easy and the success rate is 100%. Below are the steps you need to follow:
    First, Install Kali Linux on USB.
    Then boot in Live Kali Linux Mode.
    Open the directory: /Windows/System32/config/
    Right-Click>Open Terminal
    Type: chntpw -l SAM
    List of users will appear on the screen.
    Type: chntpw -u “username” SAM e.g chntpw -u “Administartor” SAM

Enjoy!!
  • BarbaradsBarbarads Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is the password required to be updated after the update? This is very strange. Have you reset the disk? Either you can use safe mode. You can reset your Windows 10 password without a disk in 3-4 steps. In addition, after posting this issue to Google, I also found security issues, built-in administrator accounts, and other methods.
  • JimssinJimssin Member Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    edited July 2019
    "There are dozens of tools that can reset and blank the account password" I don't know if the OP is talking about freeware or paid tools?
    All tools that i know can be used to reset and blank the account password on Windows computer:
    Ophcrack,Kon-Boot,LCP NT Password and iSeePassword Windows Password Recovery Pro .
  • stonebiographystonebiography Member Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If the password has been removed from your computer,you would not have been asked to do so.
  • BarbaradsBarbarads Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Press Windows key + I, then click "Account"> click the login option in the left panel> select "Never" from the drop-down menu under the "Need Login" section> check if it works.
  • DogstailDogstail Member Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited December 2019
    Are you sure the password was really deleted from Windows 10 laptop,but why are you asked to enter password?I guess the password was not deleted successfully.How did you reset the Windows 10 password?
    By the way,you can do this the way what I reset the password.

• Vaidehivasava1Vaidehivasava1 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Try to create a new user Id or directly just format it on basic level where only software get uninstall