CISSP Practice tests

MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□
I feel like I'm getting close to the final stretch of my CISSP studies (hope to sit the exam by the end of August). Boson recently released a new product for the 2018 version of CISSP. I'm going to be purchasing this tonight, since they seem to get pretty good reviews on here.

i'll probably also run through Sari Green's new CISSP course through my Safari subscription. I watched her prior course and really enjoyed it. Might also check out ITPro's new course, even though I'm not much of a fan of their other courses

Is it recommended to buy the Sybex practice exams, as well? The new version of the practice test book is not included on safari yet, but I don't mind spending the $$ if it's worth it

Comments

• PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I got the Boson for the 2015 version of the exam, but if I had to choose just ONE engine that worked well for me, it was the Total Tester download that was included in the Shon Harris book. The questions were similar in difficulty in my opinion.

The Sybex questions did not do the exam justice compared to Total Tester. If you were to purchase anything, I would probably do CCCure.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□
    PCTechLinc wrote: »
    I got the Boson for the 2015 version of the exam, but if I had to choose just ONE engine that worked well for me, it was the Total Tester download that was included in the Shon Harris book. The questions were similar in difficulty in my opinion.

The Sybex questions did not do the exam justice compared to Total Tester. If you were to purchase anything, I would probably do CCCure.

I was looking at CCCure too, but wasn't sure if they were updated for new exam outline.
  • gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The major complaint from people who failed I hear all the time is nothing prepared them for the real exam as all the preparation questions were too simple and lame compared to the exam and it blows first takers' minds.

All existing question banks do suck, but CCCure sucks not so much as the others. Sybex question bank is a total BS, you'd get there questions like "what port is used by telnet" with options like "25, 23, 22, 21". Needless to say that chances to get such a question on the real exam are close to zero.

I don't feel like the question bank up-to-dateness with the most recent exam objective is the most important factor for preparation. The exam objectives don't change much over time, so you'd better prepare yourself to the convolutedness of the exam questions. This thing is guaranteed to be there and almost guaranteed that it's going to be the most pressing factor.
  • chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If i were you and at the stage you are at, i would be subscribing here. Take a look at Lukes fb page first and make your own mind up. His questions are very good. Coming from someone who is taking for the second time.

https://www.studynotesandtheory.com/
  • PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    eddo1 wrote: »
    If i were you and at the stage you are at, i would be subscribing here. Take a look at Lukes fb page first and make your own mind up. His questions are very good. Coming from someone who is taking for the second time.

https://www.studynotesandtheory.com/

Second on this... I completely forgot about Luke's membership site. He has a TON of GREAT material. I didn't buy it, but I didn't find out about it until I was done studying.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • laurieHlaurieH Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    From my experience there are a mixture of question styles. Some are the simpler ones - couple of lines with a pick the right answer and others more complex/scenario based. As mentioned some of the Sybex ones are a bit simplistic but are still worth doing in my opinion. You could also try the ones I wrote available for smartphones (via signature below). The first 50 are free anyway so you don't need to buy anything to at least give them a go.
    (moderators feel free to remove if you feel this is blatant self-promotion, however it seems pretty relevant to this particular thread) icon_rolleyes.gif
    CCNA - expired
    CISSP - live n' kickin'
    My CISSP study apps
    My CISSP study advice blog