Passed CCSP

bill clancybill clancy Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Took the Infosec Institute boot camp, funded by my employer. They give two shots at the exam, but they have some stipulations. You must test at your earliest opportunity to qualify for the second try if needed.
I read the following books as well:
[h=1]CCSP Certified Cloud Security Professional Practice Exams[/h][h=1]CCSP Official (ISC)2 Practice Tests[/h][h=1]CCSP Certified Cloud Security Professional All-in-One Exam Guide[/h][h=1]CCSP (ISC)2 Certified Cloud Security Professional Official CCSP CBK and Study Guide Kit[/h]
The official books are best, but the Sybex versions give you an alternative explanation, that may help.
Long story short, I took it ASAP after the Bootcamp, and flunked by one question...Ugh!

ISC2 makes you wait 90 days to retest, so I studdied daily for 90 days, and tested on day 91 after the failure, and I passed!

I've held a CISSP for 12 years, a CISA, a CISM, CRISC, & CEH, so I'm pretty used to serious tests, and this is the first one I boned. It's a pretty difficult, typical ISC2 exam, not to be taken lightly...but certainly doable!

Comments

• securitychopssecuritychops Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Missing it by only one question would definitely be a frustrating experience! However, way to go on not getting discouraged and taking (and passing) it again! icon_cool.gif
    Current Certs   : OSCE, OSCP, CISSP, Pentest+, Security+, SLAE, SLAE64
    Goals for 2019 : OSEE
    Goals for 2020 : OSWE
  • roxerroxer Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!! That guy is on my radar for sure!
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well done! icon_thumright.gif

Still contemplating between CCSK and CCSP...
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • ecuisonecuison Member Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well done! icon_thumright.gif

Still contemplating between CCSK and CCSP...

If you have the fortitude to go for it, I would do the CCSP. CSA and ISC created the CCSP. From what I have read, you could basically pass the CCSK if you passed the CCSP. I was contemplating doing the CCSK after recently passing the CCSP, but I think, I will pass on the CCSK.

Good luck on whatever you decide on!
    Accomplishments: B.S. - Business (Information Management) | CISSP | CCSP | TOGAF v9.2 Certified | Security + | Network +
  • jmoretti7jmoretti7 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Bill -
    One question - would you use the CBK book or the AIO?
    ecuison wrote: »
    If you have the fortitude to go for it, I would do the CCSP. CSA and ISC created the CCSP. From what I have read, you could basically pass the CCSK if you passed the CCSP. I was contemplating doing the CCSK after recently passing the CCSP, but I think, I will pass on the CCSK.

Good luck on whatever you decide on!

Thanks ecuison! Right now, I'm leaning towards taking CCSP, but that would have to wait until next year. Work requires me to take one cert per year (preferably GRC-related) and I already took CISSP last May. For the remainder of the year, I intend to devote my studies on pentesting, which has been a personal interest of mine for a while.
  • trendusertrenduser Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Did any of your questions repeat from your first attempt or were they similar?
  • dangbh2dangbh2 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    When taking the ccsp exam, can you turn back the questions again?
    And can you revise the answers you've made?
    Thanks !
  • sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
    dangbh2 wrote: »
    When taking the ccsp exam, can you turn back the questions again?
    And can you revise the answers you've made?

Haven't taken the exam myself, but based on the information available at the ISC2 website, you should be able to as they have only implemented the CAT format to the CISSP (CCSP Exam Outline vs CISSP Exam Outline).