New study book for AWS Solutions Architect Associate exam

odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
Just started going through the acloudguru videos and was curious if there was an updated book for this exam. Come to find out it, it is being release next week.

AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate All-in-One Exam Guide (Exam SAA-C01) 1st Edition

https://www.amazon.com/Certified-Solutions-Architect-Associate-SAA-C01/dp/1260108279/ref=pd_sbs_14_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=1260108279&pd_rd_r=RKCDFVMA5K17E66VF751&pd_rd_w=gg0pJ&pd_rd_wg=oBzEf&psc=1&refRID=RKCDFVMA5K17E66VF751
Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action

Comments

• EagerDinosaurEagerDinosaur Member Posts: 114
    I think I will stick with the official Amazon book, even if it's a few years out of date.

I recently took the Associate Architect exam for the second time, as my certification was about to expire, and it seemed a lot easier than the first time I took it. Apart from questions on recent features like EFS, lambda, containers and the new ELB varieties, the official Amazon book still seemed quite relevant.
  • odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
    alexkurban wrote: »

Won't know until I receive my copy. It was released on Friday and I'm waiting for mine to ship. I do know the other book is based on the first edition of the exam which is still available. The V2 of the exam has some additional topics not covered in that book.
    Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
  • alexkurbanalexkurban Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Do you received the copy? worth it?
    Do you received the copy? worth it?

So Amazon had the release date wrong, and updated it to a September release date. I was looking forward to getting this book read and doing my exam sooner but now I will have to wait.
    I am am want to schedule the exam to final of september and i am using the CloudGuru videos and the AWS official guide but i think that this book will be very good to get a different point of view.
    I am am want to schedule the exam to final of september and i am using the CloudGuru videos and the AWS official guide but i think that this book will be very good to get a different point of view.

I'm finishing the CloudGuru videos myself but I don't think I absorbed the information as much as I needed. I would take the quizzes at the end and ask my self, did he talk about these topics? I've always studies other certs with video and book training to help fill in the gaps. In the meantime, I may get the linux acad videos and go through them.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    What I recommend for ACG (I myself suck at learning strictly from videos) is making a study guide from his videos. For the Security Specialty, I wrote down what was on his slides. Especially since he recaps at the end of the video. Then you will have written the info down to commit to memory, and then can type them into Word or a note program.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
    AWS Certification Catalog

This is one of the best resources to apply to your study with the ACG videos.
    AWS Certification Catalog

This is one of the best resources to apply to your study with the ACG videos.

Yes, I just came across this blog a week ago. Great information for the test.
  • ecuisonecuison Member Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Great info everyone! Will definetly be doing this once I finish 2 certs currently in the pipline.
    Accomplishments: B.S. - Business (Information Management) | CISSP | CCSP | TOGAF v9.2 Certified | Security + | Network +