Linux+ Beta XK1-004 Just Released

SpiegelSpiegel Member Posts: 322 ■■■■■□□□□□
New Linux+ beta exam released! Currently going to WGU so this cert is already part of my curriculum so it'd be pointless if I attempted it but for the rest of the community take a look. My understanding is this is only one exam as opposed to the regular LX0-103 and LX0-104 which breaks it in half.
Degree: WGU B.S. Network Operations and Security [COMPLETE]
Current Certs: A+ | N+ | S+ | Cloud Essentials+ | Project+ | MTA: OSF | CIW: SDA | ITIL: F | CCENT | CCNA R&S | CCNA | LPI Linux Essentials
Currently Working On: JNCIA-MistAI

2022 Goals: JNCIA-MistAI [ ]
Future Certs: CCNP Enterprise

Comments

• AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 509 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Interesting it's only $50. Is that normal for beta exams?
  • trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Great!!!

Booked for 22 Sept
    I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore

• bjpeterbjpeter Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Note that earning this Linux+ certification will not make you eligible to receive the LPIC-1 certification just by passing the former.
    2021 Goals (2): SSCP, eCPPT
    Achieved (27): Certified Associate in Python Programming, Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals, PenTest+, Project+, CySA+, Flutter Certified Application Developer, OCP Java EE 7 Application Developer, CCSP, OCP Java SE 11 Developer, CISSP, Linux+/LPIC-1, CCSKv4, OCE Java EE 6 JPA Developer, CSSLP, Server+, Cloud+, Arcitura Certified Cloud Professional, CASP+, Mobility+, Storage+, Android Certified Application Developer, OCP Java SE 8 Programmer, Security+, OCM Java SE 6 Developer, B.S. and M.S. in Computer Science
  • PseudonymousPseudonymous Member Posts: 78 ■■■□□□□□□□
    bjpeter wrote: »
    Note that earning this Linux+ certification will not make you eligible to receive the LPIC-1 certification just by passing the former.

Do you mean it won't make you eligible until you get the exam results in April 2019 or at all? Do you have a link to an article or something that says that?
    Certifications: A+, N+, S+, CCNA: CyberOps, eJPT, ITIL, etc.
  • phariuspharius Member Posts: 71 ■■■□□□□□□□
    https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/linux
    The new Linux+ is not eligible any “two-for-one” offers with other organizations.
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Having Linux+, LPIC-1, and whatever the SUSE one was all on the same resume seems to me like a bunch of padding and fluff that would be better left off. Maybe if you have no work experience or other certs and you need something to fill in the blank white space I suppose. I never understood how "three-for-one" is of any benefit.

I suspect maybe it came from the LPIC originally having a high degree of recognition that you'd get for free as part of the Linux+ deal years ago, though I doubt any HR departments know the difference beyond RHCSA and Linux+ nowadays.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • jwdk19jwdk19 Member Posts: 70 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Agreed. I signed up for this beta.

Just my opinion, but I dont believe that LPIC is esteemed as much as it was in years past. Maybe im wrong.