And this is how I PARTY on the weekends...

williebwillieb Member Posts: 108 ■■■□□□□□□□
This weekend it's just me, Keith, and GNS3 chillin' in the corner in my living room. 17 labs, 3 hours. Starting now, I think I can get them all done by tomorrow night. This is going to be awesome.

I can't tell my family and expect them to get even the least bit excited, so I'm telling you guys lol. My two sons just give me a dumb look and go back to playing Fortnite. Have a great weekend fellow CCNPers...

[X] CCENT ICND1 100-105
[X] CCNA ICND2 200-105
[X] CCNP ROUTE 300-101
[X] CCNP SWITCH 300-115
[X] CCNP TSHOOT 300-135
[ ] CCDP ARCH 300-320

Comments

• PantherPanther Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Right on; I'm getting back into the cert game, and studying also, after work and need to sit my butt down on the weekends.

I have no one to chat about this except the internet.
  • EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Given this is IT, I was expecting "party" to be a play on an old-time computer RPG party and expected to see a screenshot of Neverwinter Nights with the characters named OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, MPLS, etc.
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    "Neverwinter Nights with the characters named OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, MPLS, etc."

Ahh the good old days. I wish I could spend a couple years playing RPGs again. I'm getting ready to do a full day of Microsoft study but honestly I would rather be back into Cisco already!
  • DntH8MeDntH8Me Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Are those curved monitors?

Asking because I'm thinking some that happen to be on sale @ Costco will help me be more efficient in my studies. Ok not really but why not have cool displays if I"m going to sit in front of them for hours on end icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm currently studying for CEH but CCENT/CCNA I think are on my short list of what will be my next cert(s)
    2019 Certification Goals: ​CEH | PenText + | CISM? | stop procrastinating
  • williebwillieb Member Posts: 108 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I built the PC and bought the displays just for studying and research, learning, maybe a little bit of video editing (GTX 1060) and maybe some side gaming with my 2 sons, but mainly for studying. I studied for ROUTE with a 15" screen on a laptop, not the most efficient. I am running GNS3 on a remote ESXi server so that helps a lot. Especially being able to access the labs easily from multiple PCs/locations. The 27" displays (especially 2) do make it much more efficient to study, and dare I say more fun. They really weren't very expensive either.

I have some pictures somewhere of my home lab from about 15 years ago when I was studying for CCNP. Of course it was real routers. I had a 7206, a 7246VXR, an 806, a couple 250x, maybe a 2610, and a couple cats, and computers as hosts all in a spare bedroom before kids lol. What a difference in how we study now a days.
    [X] CCENT ICND1 100-105
    [X] CCNA ICND2 200-105
    [X] CCNP ROUTE 300-101
    [X] CCNP SWITCH 300-115
    [X] CCNP TSHOOT 300-135
    [ ] CCDP ARCH 300-320
    DntH8Me wrote: »
    Are those curved monitors?

Dang I just seen the question. Yes they are curved. They were $159 off Amazon fwiw...
    [X] CCENT ICND1 100-105
    [X] CCNA ICND2 200-105
    [X] CCNP ROUTE 300-101
    [X] CCNP SWITCH 300-115
    [X] CCNP TSHOOT 300-135
    [ ] CCDP ARCH 300-320
    Sounds like we need a what do you reward yourself if you pass thread.
    Since we're talking monitors
    4K tv
    Need to pass 2 Windows exams first though
    I'm looking forward to that tv, lol
    Well, if I'm honest with myself I get the most reward after passing by relaxing in the next few days without the monkey on my back.
    [X] CCENT ICND1 100-105
    [X] CCNA ICND2 200-105
    [X] CCNP ROUTE 300-101
    [X] CCNP SWITCH 300-115
    [X] CCNP TSHOOT 300-135
    [ ] CCDP ARCH 300-320
  • shimasenseishimasensei Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This brings back memories (albeit with a 1 yr old son at that time)...good luck!
    Current: BSc IT + CISSP, CCNP:RS, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:RS, CCENT, Sec+, P+, A+, L+/LPIC-1, CSSS, VCA6-DCV, ITILv3:F, MCSA:Win10
    Future Plans: MSc + PMP, CCIE/NPx, GIAC...
    willieb wrote: »
    Well, if I'm honest with myself I get the most reward after passing by relaxing in the next few days without the monkey on my back.

I had to rethink my 4k tv reward. I still need to pay for the exams (hoping I pass on first try) and any study materials. That can be a good chunk of change.

My new perspective, the reward will be making myself more marketable and the freedom to not be stuck at any one place. Of course, certs don't guarantee anything, but still, one foot in the front of the other.
  • Neil86Neil86 Member Posts: 182 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Seems very similar to my evenings/weekends. I'm hoping to reward myself with some good isolated camping after I pass my exam coming up. Good luck with your studies.
  • DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    EANx wrote: »
    Given this is IT, I was expecting "party" to be a play on an old-time computer RPG party and expected to see a screenshot of Neverwinter Nights with the characters named OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, MPLS, etc.

^ Or playing Quake 2/Quake 3 with the clan tag [RIP](Alias) icon_lol.gif Ah, that game brings back so many memories.
  • alexkurbanalexkurban Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You can PARTY hard with HackTheBox and a Pizza of Papa Johns, that will be my party this weekend
    Man y'all bunch of nerds, guess I'm in the right place for sure.
    [X] CCENT ICND1 100-105
    [X] CCNA ICND2 200-105
    [X] CCNP ROUTE 300-101
    [X] CCNP SWITCH 300-115
    [X] CCNP TSHOOT 300-135
    [ ] CCDP ARCH 300-320
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    LOL. Nerd on. icon_wink.gif
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
    I guess the partying worked, I passed. On to TSHOOT after the weekend.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccnp/133499-passed-switch-300-115-today.html#post1152480
    [X] CCENT ICND1 100-105
    [X] CCNA ICND2 200-105
    [X] CCNP ROUTE 300-101
    [X] CCNP SWITCH 300-115
    [X] CCNP TSHOOT 300-135
    [ ] CCDP ARCH 300-320
  • alexkurbanalexkurban Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • ptlinvaptlinva Member Posts: 125
    I'm right there with you guys!

Here it is, 1:30am in the morning... can't sleep, watching training videos, and as of late... my wife is accusing me of sleeping with my console cable! Okay, that was stupid.

I didn't realize how long it's been since I've logged into the forums. I was actually troubleshooting a frame-relay issue and came across "MY OWN POST" on the forums here! Too Funny! I really did answer my own question... Lack of sleep makes me stupid as I found it quite funny.

In fact, I told my wife the other night while crawling into to bed to "scroll on over". She asked me, "Did you say scroll on over?".

Yeah, it's that bad...

The same as you WillieB, T-Shoot is all I have left for 'NP R&S, I decided to start a physical lab almost two months ago. It took forever getting just the right gear upgraded with the right versions in order to pull it off. Today, the mail lady brought me my last two serial cables to complete it. In fact, I put off work tonight so I could play! I just finished up the last "cloud" frame relay switch working between the web server's router and my R1 router.

Here's a picture of my T-Shoot rack in my mancave...

Here's a link to a full resolution picture...

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmeLzqsXH_Tah6VryO9oQu6sYU6wiw

I know, I could have done some cable management but was too excited getting things to come up so I threw a bunch of patch cables at it. I took quite some time getting a terminal server setup (gotta love SecureCRT with all the tabs), getting all of the IOS's updated to 15.x (except for a 3640 used as one of the frame-relay switches), and I even learned a bit about the "sdm prefer" command when I was unable to add an IPv6 address to a loopback. I could add an IPv6 address on a regular interface but not on the loopback. It was forever before I remembered the "sdm prefer" command!

With my crazy schedule, I'm thinking about two weeks from now ought to do it. That should give me time to finish preparing...

Sorry to have talked all about me...

Congrats WillieB on passing your NP Switch test! Of all the tests I've ever taken, I found this one to be the hardest. I did well on it but there seemed to be a lot of questions on material that I hadn't studied.

By the way, if your interested, I can probably give you access to my T-Shoot rack.

I hope to be sharing my success with you soon! Congrats again! Definitely keep studying while it's fresh in your head and let us know how it goes!

Your friend in Virginia,
    Paul
  • SpiegelSpiegel Member Posts: 322 ■■■■■□□□□□
    willieb wrote: »
    I guess the partying worked, I passed. On to TSHOOT after the weekend.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccnp/133499-passed-switch-300-115-today.html#post1152480
    Congrats dude!
    Degree: WGU B.S. Network Operations and Security [COMPLETE]
    Current Certs: A+ | N+ | S+ | Cloud Essentials+ | Project+ | MTA: OSF | CIW: SDA | ITIL: F | CCENT | CCNA R&S | CCNA | LPI Linux Essentials
    Currently Working On: JNCIA-MistAI

2022 Goals: JNCIA-MistAI [ ]
    Future Certs: CCNP Enterprise
  • Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congratulations!