Cross Reference Exams

cap712cap712 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Team,

Im currently Studying towards the MCSA Server 2016 , And i was wondering if anybody here knows if you can cross reference either 740,741 or the 742 exam with other MCSA Certs?

Cheers,
Oliver

Comments

• Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I am not really sure what you mean by cross reference. Can you be more specific about what you would like to do?
  • eillinois31eillinois31 Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cap712 wrote: »
    Hi Team,

Im currently Studying towards the MCSA Server 2016 , And i was wondering if anybody here knows if you can cross reference either 740,741 or the 742 exam with other MCSA Certs?

Cheers,
    Oliver

I think you mean if other exams are similiar and in that case you can cross reference MCSA 2012. I've been studying for the 70-742 taking the test this coming friday(3rd and final to get MCSA) and I cross reference the older 2012 r2 CBT nuggets on subjects like ADFS, ADCS and ADRMS for example as they go much more in depth than 2016 CBT Nuggets(they are still good, they are following the exam blue print, I just want to learn how it all actually works).
  • CmarthinsCmarthins Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hello. I'm taking my 461 exam in few days. Am i required to end my queries with a semi colon(;). And how my XML Question could i see in the exam. Thank you.
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think you mean if other exams are similiar and in that case you can cross reference MCSA 2012.

If that's what the OP is asking, then yes you can cross reference 2012 material to supplement when you're studying for 2016, but do not use 2012 material as your primary source. When I did the MCSA 2008 and 2012, the focus was always on newer technologies (unless something hadn't changed significantly since the last edition) and I expect 2016 to be the same in that regard.

In other words, if something is new with 2016 and it's in the exam objectives, you had better know it inside and out. More so than things that have been there since Server 2000.