ISACA Exams Discount

NobleGiantNobleGiant Member Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□
I would want to schedule my CISA exams for this ending of August. I would want to know if anyone has any discount codes that i could use to reduce my exams cost since it is now $575.

I would be much appreciated.

Thanksicon_thumright.gif

Comments

• sumeetgandhisumeetgandhi Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Oh, crap! Do we have such codes out there? I just paid the fees for the exam. icon_rolleyes.gif
    ---
    With Regards
    Sumeet Gandhi
    CISA, CISM, PMP, PMI-ACP, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Office 365, SharePoint Online, SharePoint (2016 / 2013 / 2010 / 2007), MCTS, CSM, ITIL, PRINCE2
  • bokosbokos Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The day ISACA gives out promo codes for exam cost reduction is when pigs fly.

(That goes for any certification, though.)
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Aside from being a member (which you seem to be), I'm not aware of any other means by which you can avail of a discount. Have you tried asking your employer to foot the bill?
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • Nick_Nack_Paddy_WhackNick_Nack_Paddy_Whack Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    bokos wrote: »
    The day ISACA gives out promo codes for exam cost reduction is when pigs fly.

(That goes for any certification, though.)

Not true. They do offer discounts on a frequent basis. I took advantage of it at the end of July and saved $125 on the cost of CISM.

cbH2rU

cbH2rUcbH2rU
  • NobleGiantNobleGiant Member Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Can you please share with us the discount code you used? I need to save a little on my exams.
    Not true. They do offer discounts on a frequent basis. I took advantage of it at the end of July and saved $125 on the cost of CISM.

cbH2rU

cbH2rUcbH2rU
  • Nick_Nack_Paddy_WhackNick_Nack_Paddy_Whack Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It's expired now but if you're a member of ISACA, they do send out discount codes from time to time.
  • Tekn0logyTekn0logy Member Posts: 113 ■■■■□□□□□□
    FYI: ISACA has a membership special - Recent grads remainder of 2018 is free, Professional remainder of 2018 is free when signing up for 2019. Sounds like a good idea to join before registering to certify.
  • anthonxanthonx Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cbH2rUcbH2rU

You received a discount offer for $125. I received a CISM discount offer but it was only for $50. I thought that it was a good deal so I took the plunge. I have been studying for CISM for about 6 months after I passed the CRISC exam last year. I just thought that since my brain is still wired to the ISACA mindset, I might as well take the CISM exam. I have years of experience in IT audit but obviously lacking IS management experience. Now, I am contemplating on getting one year IS management experience.

In the CISM FAQs, IT audit experience may cover the first two domains (Information Security Governance & Information Risk Management). Since I need 3 of the 4 domains experience, I am looking at the 3rd domain which is Information Security Program Development and Management since I have around 6 months experience as software developer but it was more than 10 years ago. Does anyone in here passed the exam without the required experience? What have you done to get the experience? Thanks all!
    AnthonX
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    anthonx wrote: »
    In the CISM FAQs, IT audit experience may cover the first two domains (Information Security Governance & Information Risk Management). Since I need 3 of the 4 domains experience, I am looking at the 3rd domain which is Information Security Program Development and Management since I have around 6 months experience as software developer but it was more than 10 years ago. Does anyone in here passed the exam without the required experience? What have you done to get the experience? Thanks all!

I took mine last year even though I still lack around 1 year experience. What I'm doing is staying at my current work / employer as it provides me the opportunity to gain the necessary experience (though already contemplating of leaving, but that's another story).

If you are not in a hurry to obtain / qualify for the certification, you are allowed five years after taking the exam to gain whatever experience is necessary. Or you might want to re-visit the Job Practice Areas to double check how you can meet the experience requirement.
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
    If you are not in a hurry to obtain / qualify for the certification, you are allowed five years after taking the exam to gain whatever experience is necessary. Or you might want to re-visit the Job Practice Areas to double check how you can meet the experience requirement.

I will definitely review the job practice areas again. I'm not in a hurry to get the certification anyway as I'm currently happy where I work right now.
    If not, I will find another job in these areas.
    Domain 3—Information Security Program Development and Management
    Domain 4—Information Security Incident Management
    AnthonX
  • edsernedsern Registered Users Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I recently got an email from ISACA providing me a discount on the exams. Got $100 off. I then immediately registered for the exam with a cost of $475 (575 Member rate less 100 additional off).
    In case you're registering for your exams, you can use discount CODE: AFRICA1

This gives you $100 discount on your exams. It expires on October 6th, 2018.
    NobleGiant wrote: »
    In case you're registering for your exams, you can use discount CODE: AFRICA1

This gives you $100 discount on your exams. It expires on October 6th, 2018.

You can avail of this discount code for all 4 ISACA certs? Anyway, I think I'm done with ISACA exams for now. CGEIT seems to be the only one left with the exception of the CSX. So, were you able to register for the exam? Good luck!
    AnthonX
    You can use the code to register for only one of the four exams.
    anthonx wrote: »
    You can avail of this discount code for all 4 ISACA certs? Anyway, I think I'm done with ISACA exams for now. CGEIT seems to be the only one left with the exception of the CSX. So, were you able to register for the exam? Good luck!
  • edsernedsern Registered Users Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @NobleGiant
    When are you schedule to take the exams? Goodluck to us. Btw, I used this code: ASIA1. So this depends on where you're from.
    I'm scheduled to take the exams in first week of October. I'm taking the CISM exams.
    edsern wrote: »
    @NobleGiant
    When are you schedule to take the exams? Goodluck to us. Btw, I used this code: ASIA1. So this depends on where you're from.
  • cjmkcjmk Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Any discount code for Feb~May 2019 attempt for CISM?. I am a member and havent received any code so far