Is this discount voucher site legit?

walterbyrdwalterbyrd Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
This site sells discount vouchers for comptia exams.

https://www.voucherciti.com/

Is it legit? Are there other other sites you would recommend?

Comments

• PseudonymPseudonym Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    SSL cert issued by letsencrypt, which is potentially a bad sign. They're also selling ****, so I wouldn't shop there out of principle.

Use getcertified4less.
    Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
    Working on - RHCE
  • DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    The website looks pretty sketchy, I wouldn't trust it. Also, they're running Shopify as their backend e-commerce platform with their domain being only up for about a year or so.

Cheers,
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • eillinois31eillinois31 Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Looks shady to me as well "Need Real Exam questions"...**** site. I can't speak from experience, but Mike Myers website below sells discounted comptia vouchers for A+, Network+, Security+ and 2 others below.

https://www.totalsem.com/exam-vouchers/
  • walterbyrdwalterbyrd Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
    shochan, I used the link you provided, and I think I may have been ripped off.

I wanted the voucher right away, so I went to:

Vouchers-in-minutes
    CompTIA Exam Prometric VUE Test Voucher (Vouchers) Discount for CompTIA Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, i-Net+, Server+, Linux+

aka

GraceTech Solutions
    CompTIA Vouchers - A+ Certification Exam CompTIA Voucher Test Discount at Prometric / VUE Testing Centers

I ordered several hours ago, but I never got my voucher.

I tried contacting them by email - no response.
    I tried their instant messenger - no response.
    I tried their phone number - got the message the phone was no longer in service.

I have filed complaints against them with PayPal, and CompTIA. I have also filed charges of fraud against them.

I doubt anything will come of it.
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    @OP - sorry about that.
    If you used Paypal - they are pretty good about getting your money back.

@ Everyone else - please stop suggesting CertGuard - from what I can tell - that website hasn't been updated in about 4 years. And their Twitter account has had no activity in about 7 years. I believe that may be either an abandoned site or based on OP's experience, it's probably a watering hole.
    walterbyrd wrote: »
    shochan, I used the link you provided, and I think I may have been ripped off.

I wanted the voucher right away, so I went to:

Vouchers-in-minutes
    CompTIA Exam Prometric VUE Test Voucher (Vouchers) Discount for CompTIA Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, i-Net+, Server+, Linux+

aka

GraceTech Solutions
    CompTIA Vouchers - A+ Certification Exam CompTIA Voucher Test Discount at Prometric / VUE Testing Centers

I ordered several hours ago, but I never got my voucher.

I tried contacting them by email - no response.
    I tried their instant messenger - no response.
    I tried their phone number - got the message the phone was no longer in service.

I have filed complaints against them with PayPal, and CompTIA. I have also filed charges of fraud against them.

I doubt anything will come of it.

I've bought vouchers from Gracetech solutions 3 or 4 times. They're always a bit slow, but they're a legit site.
    Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
    Working on - RHCE
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    As a rule of thumb, I always check the website URL at Virustotal.com - just to make sure there are not any malicious links embedded in the website. That doesn't always tell you if they are legit or not, but you can always try to call them first before purchasing since that website even looks outdated. (CompTIA Exam Prometric VUE Test Voucher (Vouchers) Discount for CompTIA Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, i-Net+, Server+, Linux+)
    I'm always cautious to buy from those odd ball websites anyways. I always purchase from the test center website or thru the particular company cert website, then you usually won't get burned. Sorry if I steered you wrong, but I didn't know that certguard was basically non-existence nowadays, perhaps the owners were tired of keeping up with all the shady cert training running rapid on the internets. We live and learn & make better decisions next time, right?
    It appears that Gracetech solutions has a chat on their website, you might inquire there & see if they can help you if they are the same company running the one above.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    OP was given advice 4-1 against using that site then decides to listen to the 1 that was in favor, LOL! icon_rolleyes.gif
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • walterbyrdwalterbyrd Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
    iBrokeIT: nobody advised against using GraceTech Solutions. That was indirectly recommended.

GraceTech Solutions sent me a refund. But I am still very unhappy with them. They never returned my emails. They never offered any reason for their poor service. They certainly did not live up to their "vouchers in minutes" advertisement.

The phone they have listed with the BBB is disconnected.

https://www.bbb.org/ca/bc/coquitlam/profile/ecommerce/gracetech-solutions-0037-1245444/accreditation-information
  • iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Ah ok, my mistake.

I have used GetCertified4Less over 10 years ago for CompTIA vouchers and they were great. Can't remember the turn around time to get the voucher though.
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
    walterbyrd wrote: »
    iBrokeIT: nobody advised against using GraceTech Solutions. That was indirectly recommended.

GraceTech Solutions sent me a refund. But I am still very unhappy with them. They never returned my emails. They never offered any reason for their poor service. They certainly did not live up to their "vouchers in minutes" advertisement.

The phone they have listed with the BBB is disconnected.

https://www.bbb.org/ca/bc/coquitlam/profile/ecommerce/gracetech-solutions-0037-1245444/accreditation-information

There's a good chance it's just one guy running the site in his spare time. So y'know, the vouchers are cheap. The catch is that the customer service isn't perfect. I've just looked through my emails and I bought both my A+ vouchers & my net+ voucher from there. They also have the cheapest linux+ vouchers around, so I'll be buying 2 more from them. AND they accept paypal credit, which is really handy.

Ps. I don't work for gracetechsolutions.
    Working on - RHCE