Options

HCISSP or SECURITY +

djmenspepdjmenspep Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm thinking of taking either HCISSP or Security +. I'm a healthcare (HIM) professional with a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) credential. I also have a CIW Database Design Cert.
Which is easier to take HCISSP or Security +? Is one higher than the other and what about the prospects as i shift career to IT Security?
Thank you

Comments

• Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    First, the Security+ is general security concepts, so it is going to be easier. It also doesn't have any experience requirements in order to take the exam. The HCISPP from (ISC)2 is geared toward privacy and security as it relates to healthcare, so a more narrow focus but much more specific compared to Security+. You need to meet certain experience requirements in order to get it, as well.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    Thank you
    stryder144 wrote: »
    First, the Security+ is general security concepts, so it is going to be easier. It also doesn't have any experience requirements in order to take the exam. The HCISPP from (ISC)2 is geared toward privacy and security as it relates to healthcare, so a more narrow focus but much more specific compared to Security+. You need to meet certain experience requirements in order to get it, as well.
  • Options