How did you study for 70-697 Exam?

NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
o far I have done the following:
-Watched the entire 70-697 on IT Pro TV series.
-Read part of the MCSA Cert Guide for 70-697 and 70-698
I got through chapters 5,7,9, and 10.
I made note cards for the chapters I finished reading.

For labs:
-I have been doing the practice labs on IT Pro TV.
-Trying to complete the labs from the Cert Guide book any of the labs they have.
--Look for Intune labs. I think Microsoft has some....

Tracking Exam ---- Objective Understanding:
I have a Excel Spread Sheet:
-I place all the exam objectives in a excel sheet and mark each one GREEN when I fully understand that objective.
-Red = I don't understand it at all and need to review it.
-Yellow=I need to review it

Next steps:
-Finish the flash cards for chapter 5,7,9, and 10.
-Finish all the chapters in the cert guide related to the 70-697 test.
-Watch Skillsoft vidoes related to 70-697
-Finish all labs - Practice IT labs
--Look for Intune labs. I think Microsoft has some....

Final Steps:
-I understand all exam objectices.
-Take Skillsoft pracice test. Score 90% or above
-Take a Transcender practice test Score 90% or above
-Take a Measure up exam and score 90% or above.

Questions:
1) Is this a good plan? I have a hard time staying focused. I can get distracted easily. It's really hard for me to watch a 30 minute video.

2) Also, how do you study for Microsoft exams? They seems like a diffferent beast when compared to the Comptia exams.

3) How did you study for the 70-697?
When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
American inventor

Comments

• logisticalstyleslogisticalstyles Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm finally getting around to finishing up the 70-697. I got distracted by other life issues after passing the 698 earlier this year. Currently I'm watching the CBT Nuggets videos, and reading the Microsoft book for this exam. I'm taking notes as I read and watch the videos. I'll probably do a couple of practice tests after watching all of the videos and then focus on the questions that I am getting wrong. This is basically the same thing I did for the 698 exam and I passed on the first attempt.
    Something else I'm trying this time is using LinkedIn's Learning videos. They have some videos dedicated to the 70-697 exam and there is a 30 day free trial. My job gives me about 5 hours a day to spend studying so I might as well take advantage of the free time.
  • Eck49Eck49 Member Posts: 8 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've been doing a mix of the MCSA Cert Guide, Measureup practise exams and pluralsight videos. Failed the first time and have my second attempt tomorrow.
    From what you've listed, it seems very thorough which is a good thing for this exam. I'd say you were doing the right things.

PS: When was Alexander Graham Bell an American inventor? icon_lol.gif From a Scotsman
  • andrewb7821andrewb7821 Member Posts: 6 ■■■□□□□□□□
    MS is retiring the MCSA Windows 10 ( 697/698 ) and Office 365 (346/347) on March 31st, 2019 and replacing them with the new exams
    Win10 : Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate
    Office 365: Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/community-blog-post.aspx?BlogId=8&Id=375158
  • NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Typo ...
    MS is retiring the MCSA Windows 10 (697/69icon_cool.gif and Office 365 (346/347) on March 31st, 2019 and replacing them with the new exams

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/community-blog-post.aspx?BlogId=8&Id=375158

Great just great

Well I'm not sure what to do at this point.

I haven't bought the Measure up practice exam or the voucher for the 70-697. It would take me a while to pass both exams 70-697 and 70-69eight.

I'm still not sure at this point on what I should do.

I appreciate the info.
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
    Wow, this kinda sucks. I've been going hard on studying for 697. I was hoping to get it done by the end of the year. I guess it won't hurt to have it on my resume. I've already passed 698.

I wonder how this will affect status as an MCSA or how it will affect my path to being an MCSE.
    Hey Guys,
    No harm in getting the MCSA Windows 10 certification because like most of their current changes they might offer a transition exam to bridge the 2. I'm currently studying for my 533 and I'll follow it up with the AZ-102 exam before March 31st, 2019.
    I'm glad I held off on the MCSA Office 365 because of the constant changes MS announces and nobody is updating the online course content.
    I earned my MCSE:Mobility ( Win10 + 398 ) this year and come March 2019, all those exam are retired and the upside is I gained experience with the certification.
  • eillinois31eillinois31 Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
    MS is retiring the MCSA Windows 10 (697/69icon_cool.gif and Office 365 (346/347) on March 31st, 2019 and replacing them with the new exams

Did not know that, currently studying for the 70-744 now and soon(possibly fingers crossed) work is putting myself and couple other people into 5 day VCP 6.5 training. 70-698/697 would of been a good one to have, but don't think I can squeeze it in by March. Thanks for sharing!
  • theowiltheowil Registered Users Posts: 6 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am new to Microsoft tests, and I don't mean to change the subject to much but...

I have been taking CompTIA exams. So sorry if I am a bit confused. Let me get this straight, Once they expire in March 31, 2019 you can't take the exams. Got that part, That is the same as CompTia when they retire certain exam series...

But If I can take the exam before that date and pass then I of course can add it to my resume. But depending on the job it may or may not be what they are looking for (most recent).... Most places are behind, so it would probably be relevant for many years to come for a lot of companies..

I have about two months to pass both exams, so I am a bit confused on what to do as well. The test's seem to be really tough.
  • NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    theowil wrote: »
    I am new to Microsoft tests, and I don't mean to change the subject to much but...

I have been taking CompTIA exams. So sorry if I am a bit confused. Let me get this straight, Once they expire in March 31, 2019 you can't take the exams. Got that part, That is the same as CompTia when they retire certain exam series...

But If I can take the exam before that date and pass then I of course can add it to my resume. But depending on the job it may or may not be what they are looking for (most recent).... Most places are behind, so it would probably be relevant for many years to come for a lot of companies..

I have about two months to pass both exams, so I am a bit confused on what to do as well. The test's seem to be really tough.

Microsoft exams can be pretty tough. Alot of this has to do with the high number of cheaters and people that use brain ****.

From their website..

Exam formats and question types
    To protect exam security and the value of our certifications, we do not identify exam formats or question types before the exam. Microsoft continually introduces innovative testing technologies and question types and reserves the right to incorporate either into exams at any time without advance notice. The exam may contain any of the following:

Active screen
    Best answer
    Build list
    Case studies
    Drag and drop
    Hot area
    Multiple choice
    Repeated answer choices
    Short answer
    Mark review
    Review screen

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • theowiltheowil Registered Users Posts: 6 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Oh OK I see.. The study material does seem to be all over the place. I have taken the classes and paid for the vouchers already so I guess I will attempt to sit for the exams. Either way If I can't knock it out in time, at-least I will gain some knowledge along the way. Thanks!!
    If you pass the 697 / 698 + 695 and earn your MCSE:Mobility , you're covered
    =========
    [FONT=&amp]MD-100 and MD-101 replace 70-695, 70-697, and 70-698. More specifically, MD-100 is the replacement for 698 and MD-101 is the replacement for 695 and 697. This means that if you have taken 698, you will only have to take MD-101 to earn the new Modern Desktop Admin certification. We will be sharing more details when these exams are in beta later in 2018.
    =========
    Link to Blog : [/FONT]
    I completed my Win10 exams with ITDVDS.com ..... this site is SPOT ON !!!
    ITDVDS: https://itdvds.com/TrainingList.aspx