Failed Projects

DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
https://www.quora.com/What-is-it-like-to-work-on-a-large-failing-IT-project

I just read this above and wow, talk about real world. This is spot on.

Anyone on this forum experience this?

Comments

• gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yeah, I worked for 2 IT companies that went out of business and I remember very well that such a destiny was predicted by a few sage individuals years before it was over. Since then I like to think that I learned a few things on how to spot the inevitable.
  • DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yeah, I worked for 2 IT companies that went out of business and I remember very well that such a destiny was predicted by a few sage individuals years before it was over. Since then I like to think that I learned a few things on how to spot the inevitable.

Assuming you identify the inevitable what course of action do you take?
  • gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Jump the ship, of course. I'm rarely in position to fix things with companies.

But overall, the moral of the story is everything is rather fragile in this world. Your body, your family, your personality/state of mind -- everything tends to deteriorate and fall apart, if not specifically taken care of. All of that needs plenty of sacrifice, steering and investment and if there's none -- it's only a question of time. Although we die anyway and nations and companies go down eventually, we typically don't want this quickly...
  • DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Jump the ship, of course. I'm rarely in position to fix things with companies.

But overall, the moral of the story is everything is rather fragile in this world. Your body, your family, your personality/state of mind -- everything tends to deteriorate and fall apart, if not specifically taken care of. All of that needs plenty of sacrifice, steering and investment and if there's none -- it's only a question of time. Although we die anyway and nations and companies go down eventually, we typically don't want this quickly...

My current situation is exactly this. I don't possess the ability, position etc.... to fix the environment here. That's why I was intrigued from your response, it spoke to me.

I've experienced a lot of these signals and I suppose that's why I enjoyed the article so much, it basically stated what I am experiencing.