Options

Passed GLEG 97.33%

uksteveinusuksteveinus Member Posts: 9 ■■□□□□□□□□
edited December 2018 in GIAC
Second GIAC - passed the first one 6 weeks ago. (GMOB). Phew!!
As everyone says it's all about the index and how you score on the first practice test. 

Comments

• Options
    spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Would you share your preparation?
  • Options
    uksteveinusuksteveinus Member Posts: 9 ■■□□□□□□□□
    devoted all the spare time I had. Immersed myself in the subject, created a good index (actually got close to memorizing the index). As my job is in this area, it was important that I could really use the material and so I tried to understand the inter-applicability.
    When I sat the exam I had all the books in my head. This is one of those exams if you put the time in you will pass. 
    I needed to demonstrate subject matter expertise for work (just passing wasn't enough) and so I needed to go above and beyond. I scheduled on the last day available before expiration. I finished the exam in 1hour 20 and got one question wrong (which i provided feedback for as being a really awkward question).

• Options
    Randy_RandersonRandy_Randerson Member Posts: 115 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Shockingly, I found this course to be really rewarding...more than I thought I would anyways. It definitely helps anyone who is going to sit in the room with management/legal/risk assessors. You could probably go and do it on your own if you know what to look for. The big things was this was not fully geared towards US citizens.