Options

GSTRT Facilitation and Exam

scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
Hi all

will be facilitating the above next month in Zurich. Wanted to ask as this is my first time facilitating what to expect - have read guidelines. Also has anyone done this cert - feedback would be great? 

Br
AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I passed a few months ago: https://community.infosecinstitute.com/discussion/133541/passed-gstrt

The class was a bit tedious for me given that it was my first non-technical class. The "labs" are a little dull but manageable.

In regards to facilitating it's pretty straightforward as outlined in the documentation. I can't remember if it was Europe, but someone here mentioned that while facilitating on that side of the world they got docked something because of a dress code violation. Make sure you communicate with your event coordinator early and understand the expectations.
  • Options
    Many thanks for the response. I’ve tried getting in touch with SANS via their work study email address but nobody responds. May do closer to the time I guess. 

I saw their dress code requirements so will make sure this is followed.

how did you find th me course in general? Intense? How was the exam? 

Im keen on doing this one to try get into senior management. Would love to do 566 afterwards to compliment my background.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I wouldn't call it intense, to me it was just different. Having done 5 technical SANS classes this one felt like a vacation. Sure, there's a lot of material but it's purely theoretical. Although the content is good, I didn't do most of the labs becuase I found them not worth my time. It was basically "read this scenario and see what you can come up with based on what we just discussed."
  • Options
    Did the material cover risk management in any way? Also just last one sorry / how was the exam?