Options

GIAC Exams Score

DtrackDtrack Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello, I’m planning to take the GCIH exam in two weeks. Anyone know if GIAC exams still display your score at the top right. I remember taking the GSEC 6 years ago and remember seeing the score as your answered the question.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Score is no longer on display. 
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    DtrackDtrack Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I honestly don't know which was better, seeing the score update every 15 questions, it was nice to know you were doing well, but if your score was failing, it just made me more nervous. When I took the GREM Jan. 2018, they already removed the score during the test, I can tell you I was holding my breath when I clicked submit on the last question of the exam to see if I passed on not. If I had a choice, I would have prefer they kept the in exam scoring, if you didn't like the feature, you could always cover it with a sticky. I believe they removed it to conform to some industry testing standard, so they could say they were ANSI/ISO/IEC 17024 certified.   
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I never saw the value. In some GIAC exams I saw I had 90% in the last set of questions and decided it was not worth spending too much time on the remaining questions so I breezed through them. I don't miss the feature at all.
  • Options
    LonerVampLonerVamp Member Posts: 518 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I like that rush when you click the final submit button.

Security Engineer/Analyst/Geek, Red & Blue Teams
    OSCP, GCFA, GWAPT, CISSP, OSWP, AWS SA-A, AWS Security, Sec+, Linux+, CCNA Cyber Ops, CCSK
    2021 goals: maybe AWAE or SLAE, bunch o' courses and red team labs?
  • Options
    Randy_RandersonRandy_Randerson Member Posts: 115 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I honestly don't know which was better, seeing the score update every 15 questions, it was nice to know you were doing well, but if your score was failing, it just made me more nervous. When I took the GREM Jan. 2018, they already removed the score during the test, I can tell you I was holding my breath when I clicked submit on the last question of the exam to see if I passed on not. If I had a choice, I would have prefer they kept the in exam scoring, if you didn't like the feature, you could always cover it with a sticky. I believe they removed it to conform to some industry testing standard, so they could say they were ANSI/ISO/IEC 17024 certified.   
    Another reason could have been seeing test takers get to the point where they KNOW they've already passed the exam and then just pick the top answer for the remaining answers just so they could get it done and over with and get out of the test center. They do have a floating percentile for passing score after all.