Options

Failed ITIL Service Transition certification

bustcardbustcard Member Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
I was very nervous about this test and for good reason it turns out.
I failed with a 26 (65%).  I felt really good about almost all of my answers and hit the submit button with confidence.

I got 5s in:
Service transition principle
Managing people through service transitions
Technology considerations
Challenges, critical success factors and risks

I got 3 in:
implementing and improving service transition

and then I tanked these with 1's in:
Introduction to service transition
Service Transition processes (x2)

I feel really stunned because, like i said, i feel like i knew the answers as i was taking the test.

Now I'm not sure if i want to pay the $400 or whatever it is to take the exam again and what to even study.  Introduction to Service transition and service transition processes are pretty vague study topics.

Any advice?

Answers

• Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Which training material did you use?  Have you read the Liz Gallacher and Hellen Morris?  They have written not only the ITIL Foundation book but also two intermediate books.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    bustcardbustcard Member Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Pink Elephant 
  • Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi bustcard, sorry to hear you've been left downhearted after your exam. Something that's worked well for me is to mindmap each of the ITIL processes I'm studying, take each area from the syllabus and make a section for that with relevant information. Different things work for different people, but I find it easy to think back to my mindmaps during the exam. 

Process scope is also really important for ST, understanding which process does what, as sometimes those lines are a bit blurry and the questions cover that. 

Good luck with your resit and shop around for the exam, you can get it much cheaper than $400. Claire