Options

GMON Passed

mjs1104mjs1104 Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
Another day, another SANS certification (my 8th). Passed GMON.  This was probably the most straightforward test since GSEC. I used my own index as well as the index that was provided in the class.  Between the two, I didn't have any issues finding the answers during the test.  I passed the first practice test without consulting an index and barely cracking the books.  Unless you are new to SANS the concept tested here should be familiar.  Just read the books a couple times over and build an index and you should be good to go for this one.  
GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, GCCC, GCPM, GMON, GCTI, GCFA, GREM, GPEN, A+, Net+, Security+, Server+, C|EH, EnCE, ACE, CFCE, etc.

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    Congratulations!

What did you think of the SEC 511 course?
  • Options
    DJVeritasDJVeritas Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Welcome to the fold GMON'ster!
  • Options
    Great course.  Tons of good takeaways. It complements 503 very well.  
    GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, GCCC, GCPM, GMON, GCTI, GCFA, GREM, GPEN, A+, Net+, Security+, Server+, C|EH, EnCE, ACE, CFCE, etc.
  • Options
    afobafob Member Posts: 11 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am taking GMON in a month - any pointers that you can give on how to study? I got a 72 and then a 74 on the practice tests...I feel like my index is good but I guess based on the scores it can use some work
  • Options
    Sorry for the late reply. Just go back through the objectives on both practice tests and study up on the areas you did 3 stars or less on. Add more detail to your notes/index on the material you struggled with. When taking the actual test, slow down and make sure you look anything up you aren't 100% sure on.  Take your time but work methodical. You will be fine!