Cheapest option for the ITIL foundations exam?

BUGFREEBUGFREE Member Posts: 29 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi,

I want to take the ITIL in the next month and I was wondering if there were cheaper ways to take the test or if there were good discount codes. I am also a student and was hoping for a student discount. Thanks

Comments

• scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    If you are working, see if your company can pay for it.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Honestly, Exin rarely has discounts. Starting next month, PeopleCert will be the exam provider in the US, so they may or may not provide discounts. Unfortunately, only time will tell as far as that is concerned.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • DH44MAG2DH44MAG2 Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Checkout PassionIT Group at www.passionitgroup.com

Their ITIL Foundation Exam voucher is $255
    Their Practitioner exam voucher is $340
    Their Intermediate and MALC exam vouchers are $290

Note: For those of you who do not know, As of Jan 1st, PeopleCert is the only game in town. Regardless of where you purchase your ITIL exams/vouchers, they are for PeopleCert administered exams.

PassionIT also offers eLearning, classroom classes and virtual classes at wholesale prices (I've heard that these are taught by Global Knowledge). I have been going through their eLearning and I am very satisfied (30-Day eLearning for all levels of ITIL is $40 per course).

I have been working with these folks for some time now and they have not disappointed me. I have spent many hours scouring the web looking for a better deal and I keep ending up back at PassionIT.
    For those who are interested, PassionITGroup has not increased thier prices for 2019 (at least not yet).
    Was just out on Facebook and PassionITGroup is offering a $100 off coupon code for their virtual ITIL 4 foundation class next week.

Coupon code IHEARTITIL4

regular price is $859, after coupon, $759 for a 2 day class (includes exam voucher)
  • ianantwalksianantwalks Member Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Can I ask how PassionIT can charge for the ITIL Foundation exam so cheaply compared to others?  A training school where I am based refused to believe PassionIT's price and insisted (and showed me) that PeasonVue price the ITIL Foundation exam around $350.
  • Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi Ian, the PassionIT prices aren't particularly cheap so there's nothing for you to worry about - I'm sure they are a credible company. For example, our ITIL Foundation exam vouchers at ITSM Zone (https://training.itsm.zone/handsome-checkout/itil-4-foundation-exam/) are $249 and our ITIL Intermediates are $299.

All training organisations receive pricing to allow them to buy exams from Peoplecert. Some companies will put a large margin on top of the Peoplecert price, and others will sell the exams at near cost price and focus on making a profit on training. PearsonVue will have costs associated with maintaining their network of test centers so it makes sense that their prices are higher. 

I hope that reassures you, but you can always check with Peoplecert directly if you are worried about whether exams are genuine or a training provider is legitimate.

Claire
    Hi Claire.

Thanks for your reply.  So I booked my ITIL Foundation exam through PassionIT.  I'm waiting to get confirmation so I can then book my exam and give it a shot.
    Good luck @ianantwalks! Let us know how it goes  ;)
    I took the exam and passed it - thanks for your help and feedback @Claire Agutter!

What should I do now to start thinking about an Intermediate qualification?
  • Infosec_SamInfosec_Sam Admin Posts: 527 Admin
    I took the exam and passed it - thanks for your help and feedback @Claire Agutter!

What should I do now to start thinking about an Intermediate qualification?
    Congratulations on the pass! If you're looking to continue down the ITSM path, ITIL has an intermediate level where you can take 17 credits of Service Lifecycle or Service Capability modules before attempting the ITIL Managing Professional certification. Some others you may want to look into are the CompTIA Project+ or the PMI CAPM. Really, your next steps will depend on which direction you want to take your career. Do you have any long-term goals?
    Community Manager at Infosec!
    Who we are | What we do
    Congratulations @ianantwalks! As far as the intermediate qualifications go - what @Infosec_Sam said  :)  

I normally recommend our students start with an intermediate that covers areas they are relatively familiar with (for example if you've got an ops background, start with service operation or OSA). That way, you can get to grips with study techniques, exam format etc. while you're on comfortable ground before you move on to more challenging topics (commonly Service Strategy). Let me know if there's anything else I can help with, Claire 
    Congratulations @ianantwalks! As far as the intermediate qualifications go - what @Infosec_Sam said  :)  

I normally recommend our students start with an intermediate that covers areas they are relatively familiar with (for example if you've got an ops background, start with service operation or OSA). That way, you can get to grips with study techniques, exam format etc. while you're on comfortable ground before you move on to more challenging topics (commonly Service Strategy). Let me know if there's anything else I can help with, Claire 
    Thanks for the advice, @i@Infosec_Sam.  Ideally I am looking at just getting an ITIL intermediate qualification at some point @c@"Claire Agutter".  I just need to find something to help me learn it using self-paced teaching.  Right now I am reading the ITIL Intermediate Certification study guide book to learn more. 

@ianantwalks there are lots of sites that offer self-paced study options for ITIL Intermediates. You'll find many of them offer an Expert package which is a better deal than buying the courses individually (you can view where I work, ITSM Zone's here: https://itsm.zone/online-courses/service-management-training/itil/expert-package/). As long as you check the training provider is fully accredited, then you'll have no issues taking your exams. Most sites will show you course samples so you can make sure you're buying something that will work for you. 
    Thanks Claire!  I will take a look.
  • OulkarnainOulkarnain Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Experts

I am in Australia and can I use PassionIT voucher for ITIL 4 foundation exam, in Australia? I can see that it is AUD482 in people cert local website. $255 = AUD374, on top AUD22 bank charge for conversion. Still cheaper than AUD482.

In this way, which is the online proctored exam voucher from PassionIT, will the cert have the same valuation as the exam done by sitting in Pearson VUE center? Will there be anything written on the cert if it was done through exam center or online proctored? If I pass ITIL 4 foundation certificate through PassionIT online voucher system, can my certificate number be found in the Peoplecert cert verification system, if anyone/employer wants to verify?

Thank you for reading my post and pardon my basic English.

Oulkarnain
    Hi Oulkarnain, If you're on a tight budget you can purchase the ITIL Foundation exam for $249 (US) via itsm.zone. The online exams are just as secure as the test centre exams, and there is no indication on your certificate of how you took the exam. All of us, Passion IT, ITSM Zone etc. are in effect reselling Peoplecert's exams so you don't need to worry about anything. Good luck! Claire