CCISO

odomscdodomscd Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
Has anyone taken this test?  Can anyone offer any advice?

Comments

• paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    edited June 2019
    I noticed that no one commented on your 2 posts about CCISO so I thought I would chime in.

I had commented about CCISO here on TE last year - https://community.infosecinstitute.com/discussion/133030/going-for-c-ciso

And my opinion hasn't changed.  I just re-read the TOC for the CCISO Body of Knowledge and I imagine that it's probably just a bunch of obvious generalities if you are already a CISO or you have run an infosec program.

Good luck with the exam and it would be interesting to read a review of the materials after you take it.
  • COBOL_DOS_ERACOBOL_DOS_ERA Member Posts: 205 ■■■■■□□□□□
    edited June 2019
    I was about to say, ask @cyberguypr about his opinion regarding EC-Council and their associated exams. As per my 2 cents, you are better off with either of this cert in compare to CCISO.
    • CISM: Certified Information Security Manager
    • GSLC: GIAC Security Leadership
    • CGEIT: Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT
    • CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional
    • CISSP-ISSMP: Information Systems Security Management Professional
    or if you are ready to spend say $18750, you are more than welcome to take the class with Carnegie Mellon University's CISO Certificate Program.

https://www.heinz.cmu.edu/programs/executive-education/chief-information-security-officer-certificate

Heinz College Executive Education
    Carnegie Mellon University
    5000 Forbes Ave
    Hamburg Hall
    Pittsburgh, PA 15213-3890

David E. Ulicne
    Senior Director
    (412) 268-5543
    deu@andrew.cmu.edu

Emily M. Brown
    Assistant Director
    (412) 268-6730
    emilymbrown@cmu.edu

CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, PMP, PMI-ACP, SEC+, ITIL V3, A-CSM. And Many More.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    edited June 2019
    CCISO... EC Council... I don't have the energy people. 

• odomscdodomscd Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
    paul78 said:
    I noticed that no one commented on your 2 posts about CCISO so I thought I would chime in.

And my opinion hasn't changed.  I just re-read the TOC for the CCISO Body of Knowledge and I imagine that it's probably just a bunch of obvious generalities if you are already a CISO or you have run an infosec program.

Good luck with the exam and it would be interesting to read a review of the materials after you take it.

Paul78,
         Thanks for your reply and your posting.  I did go and read your post from last year.  I will make sure I post my experience after the bootcamp.

• vCISO2017vCISO2017 Member Posts: 51 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Reached out to EC-Council this year, filled out the form and submitted it, arranged with my referees and nothing. No acknowledgement, no communications and no response.
    So I moved on with my life - logged into my ISACA portal, booked CGEIT and sitting the exam on Monday.
    Enough said.

PS: Genuinely best of luck with your exam prep!
    CITP | CCSP | CCSK | AWS CCP | VCP | CISM | CGEIT | CIPM | PMP | MCSE, etc.......
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    or if you are ready to spend say $18750, you are more than welcome to take the class with Carnegie Mellon University's CISO Certificate Program.

https://www.heinz.cmu.edu/programs/executive-education/chief-information-security-officer-certificate

Wish I could get en employer to sponsor this for me....One day!
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

@odomscd, My apology, I did not mean to harm your feelings. It's just that I'm not a big fan of Ec-Council. Given the situation you are in, I would say go for it. Once you are done; go for CISM or CISSP. 

@UnixGuy, Same here!! I wish the same. I used to work for one of this tech giant for five years ( those days are long gone, for this company)  had no training or cert money for Mid-level managers only for L4 or L5 managers. I stayed with them just because of the WFH and 6 figure salary. I had to spend a good amount of my $$$ for training and keeping those certs active :-). Do I regret my decision, no but I wish they would allocate a decent amount of $$ for training to attract and keeping old/new employee more interested to stay with them. 
     promethuschow.  No worries.  My feelings were not hurt.  However, thanks for being considerate enough to apologize!   
    vCISO2017 said:
    Reached out to EC-Council this year, filled out the form and submitted it, arranged with my referees and nothing. No acknowledgement, no communications and no response.
    So I moved on with my life - logged into my ISACA portal, booked CGEIT and sitting the exam on Monday.
    Enough said.

vCISO2017 said:
    Enough said.

vCISO2017 -  I am currently taking the EC-Council class and I am having a similar problem.    I paid for the class and I still do not have my application approved to take the test on Friday.  However, they claim they are working the delay.  We will see. 
  • vCISO2017vCISO2017 Member Posts: 51 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sat and passed CGEIT - write up to follow in ISACA section - may revisit EC Council C|CISO at some point later this year.
    CITP | CCSP | CCSK | AWS CCP | VCP | CISM | CGEIT | CIPM | PMP | MCSE, etc.......
    @vCISO2017 congrats on the pass of CGEIT!!!