Options

SANS GNFA Certification Accomplished

gabeaaagabeaaa Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
After over 4 months of studying, indexing and labbing, I've finally accomplished the SANS GNFA certification. This is my third SANS certification and by far the most difficult of the bunch. I work as a Network Security Architect in the ICS and utilities realm where most of my responsibilities network security hardening, integrating systems, program management, penetration testing and anything else I can get my hands on. 
The DFIR area has been foreign to me but I have learned a bunch from this class and exam! The exam encompassed the evaluation of logging choke-points within a network architecture, protocol analysis, postmortem network artifacts, drawing conclusions on NetFlow, SMB, HTTP, etc protocol data and much more. 
Current Certifications and Degrees: CCENT, CCNA R&S, CCNA Cyber Ops, GSLC, C|EH v9, GICSP, GNFA, GCIH, GRID BSc Electrical Engineering, MSc Cybersecurity Technology

My Aims:

2023: GCFA (7/2023)
2024: Whatever else they pay for

Comments

• Options
    anyways2014anyways2014 Member Posts: 13 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I failed my GCFE last month. I'm still going to try another attempt, do you have any tips on how to successfully pass this one? I have a feeling that my understanding if growing more and more since month, but I found the exam questions to be very tricky 
  • Options
    tboetboe Member Posts: 44 ■■■□□□□□□□
    gabeaaa said:
    After over 4 months of studying, indexing and labbing, I've finally accomplished the SANS GNFA certification. This is my third SANS certification and by far the most difficult of the bunch. I work as a Network Security Architect in the ICS and utilities realm where most of my responsibilities network security hardening, integrating systems, program management, penetration testing and anything else I can get my hands on. 
    The DFIR area has been foreign to me but I have learned a bunch from this class and exam! The exam encompassed the evaluation of logging choke-points within a network architecture, protocol analysis, postmortem network artifacts, drawing conclusions on NetFlow, SMB, HTTP, etc protocol data and much more.

Congratz, Nice One to grab My guy!
    I failed my GCFE last month. I'm still going to try another attempt, do you have any tips on how to successfully pass this one? I have a feeling that my understanding if growing more and more since month, but I found the exam questions to be very tricky 

The Main thing I would Say for this one is to know your Artifacts!... know how they are stored per browser/OS Version. Create a really good index (you will need it), re-read the content re-polish your index if it did no justice for you when you took this exam.