Ccsk Fail first try

imnewbieimnewbie Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
edited October 2019 in Cloud Certifications
I fail badly, I don't know where I should do? Some of the questions were not related material or I did not understand the material well. Anyone has some tips to pass ccsk. I really need badly. The people who said you can search and find the answer. It is not true. Please don't think this exam is easy. I used the ccsk study material and YouTube.

Comments

• scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Sorry to hear that. I personally only used the CCSK v4 doc that came with it. Read it and understand exactly the objectives. Do you have much cloud/security experience?
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    imnewbie said:
    I fail badly, I don't know where I should do? Some of the questions were not related material or I did not understand the material well. Anyone has some tips to pass ccsk. I really need badly. The people who said you can search and find the answer. It is not true. Please don't think this exam is easy. I used the ccsk study material and YouTube.
    I gotta disagree, I had the PDF version of the material open on my computer (separate monitor) and whenever I needed to help with a question I just searched the PDF for the topic/keyword the question was about.  Could find most of the answers.   No it isn't word for word but you can a topic/keyword in seconds
  • imnewbieimnewbie Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I guess I have to read the PDF again. I do not get the concept. Can you give me some tip? 
    scasc said:
    Sorry to hear that. I personally only used the CCSK v4 doc that came with it. Read it and understand exactly the objectives. Do you have much cloud/security experience?
    What I should do if I don't understand the concept. I did review one time the PDF files, but I don't get the concept.
  • scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Only thing I can suggest is to read the material slowly highlighting key points and before moving to the next paragraph summarise in your mind what you read. If you find you are struggling with a concept google it. 
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...
  • LonerVampLonerVamp Member Posts: 518 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Take notes as you read the material. When I took the CCSK, every question was found somewhere in the main document. The only exceptions were clearly marked as coming from the other two resources and there were only about 5 of those questions.

A key is to know which section you should be looking for answers in. It's not just about CTRL+F and typing in a key word to find things. You need to know the sections well and know which section each question sounds like it is coming from. They do change terms so sometimes you can't actually search and get to the answer.

Security Engineer/Analyst/Geek, Red & Blue Teams
    OSCP, GCFA, GWAPT, CISSP, OSWP, AWS SA-A, AWS Security, Sec+, Linux+, CCNA Cyber Ops, CCSK
    2021 goals: maybe AWAE or SLAE, bunch o' courses and red team labs?
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    LonerVamp said:
    It's not just about CTRL+F and typing in a key word to find things. You need to know the sections well and know which section each question sounds like it is coming from. They do change terms so sometimes you can't actually search and get to the answer.

I thought it made stupid they allow this and was able to find most things extremely fast doing it.   Just gotta wise about terms/keywords you search for.   No, you won't find everything, but can find most things pretty quick.  Obviously just being aware of what section it jumps into when searching and make sure it relates to the question.   I don't care much for the cert because of this.  Just my 2 cents
    scasc said:
    Only thing I can suggest is to read the material slowly highlighting key points and before moving to the next paragraph summarise in your mind what you read. If you find you are struggling with a concept google it. 
    I will try to find some answer by Google. I may also include YouTube searching. Did you pass in one time or second time? Do you think retake second it will be harder ?
    LonerVamp said:
    It's not just about CTRL+F and typing in a key word to find things. You need to know the sections well and know which section each question sounds like it is coming from. They do change terms so sometimes you can't actually search and get to the answer.

I thought it made stupid they allow this and was able to find most things extremely fast doing it.   Just gotta wise about terms/keywords you search for.   No, you won't find everything, but can find most things pretty quick.  Obviously just being aware of what section it jumps into when searching and make sure it relates to the question.   I don't care much for the cert because of this.  Just my 2 cents
    Hi 

I was looking on the forum and most of the people said it is easy and it is open book. It will give me a picture the exam should be easy. You still need to have some background or understanding concept. Now I am studying and I hope I can pass my second try.
  • Grafixx01Grafixx01 Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    imnewbie said:
    LonerVamp said:

Hi 

I was looking on the forum and most of the people said it is easy and it is open book. It will give me a picture the exam should be easy. You still need to have some background or understanding concept. Now I am studying and I hope I can pass my second try.
    In all honesty, I usually find that open book are more difficult because of that. They know they are open book so the exams are more like convoluted or the wording of the questions / answers are. I mean, don't compare those to like ISC2 tests though, because even closed book, they're still all FUBAR.
  • LonerVampLonerVamp Member Posts: 518 ■■■■■■■■□□

Have you taken it?

Security Engineer/Analyst/Geek, Red & Blue Teams
    OSCP, GCFA, GWAPT, CISSP, OSWP, AWS SA-A, AWS Security, Sec+, Linux+, CCNA Cyber Ops, CCSK
    2021 goals: maybe AWAE or SLAE, bunch o' courses and red team labs?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Having taken the CCSK earlier this year, if you have a strong enough security background, you can actually pass the exam fine. You need to think more along the lines of compliance/management a bit once you get into the CCM matrix and whether you or cloud provider is responsible for xyz etc. When preparing for the exam, I found this repo on github helpful: https://github.com/CloudSecurityAlliancePublic/CSA-Guidance