Options

E-Book For GCIH Study

egrizzlyegrizzly Member Posts: 533 ■■■■■□□□□□
Hi all.

Does SANS provide an e-book for studying for the various areas of the GCIH certification, or is it just strictly a paper book?  Where can we see the link?
B.Sc (Info. Systems), CISSP, CCNA, CCNP, Security+

Comments

• Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    edited November 2020
    I have taken multiple SANS courses and have never received ebooks. Whether in-person or on-demand I have always received the following:

- set of books (hard copies)
    - usb
    - pocket reference guides (pamplets)
    - mp3's
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    WhiteMilkWhiteMilk Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @egrizzly You'll get electronic books. During the pandemic, SANS has taken measures to ensure an even more spectacular training environment. 

You'll get watermarked electronic books that are available for download in your SANS portal. Every time you open the book, you must enter in a password. 

**MODS You can delete and not approve the other comment, that's under review**
  • Options
    c5rookiec5rookie Member Posts: 53 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited November 2020
    The transition to pdf files seems to have been well received by people taking SANS courses this year.  The digital files are locked down pretty well and if you are the type of person that likes to make electronic notes, comments, or highlighting, you will have to use a separate document for that.  At least that is from my experience when I took a course over the summer.