Options

How to pass ISACA Cybersecurity Audit Certificate Program

newguy2000newguy2000 Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
Sorry about sending multiple posts asking questions but couldn't find much information about this "Cybersecurity Audit Certificate Program". Have any of you had study/sat/pass this certificate?  How long and what material/past questions used? Used the one available at ISACA official website?

Comments

• Options
    scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I have looked at this cert in a bit more detail and think that it has some good material - in spite of it being pitched at maybe the less experienced worker, I still think there's some good info in this. Have not done myself and have heard of others saying not really relevant if you have CISA, but my own take on this is that it looks pretty good. Do you have much audit experience? Any other certs?
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...
  • Options
    Thanks for your response.
    I have tried CISA twice for past two years but did not manage to pass.....
    I don't have any audit experience so far so don't have practical experience.
    Currently I am holding CompTIA Security+ and CompTIA CySA+ Certification only.
  • Options
    balancebalance Member Posts: 244 ■■■■■□□□□□
    CySA+ is not an easy exam to pass.   Why not spend  more time and get CISA knocked out.  Check out my " Passed CISA "  thread.  Maybe  the tips can help you. 
  • Options
    What did you use to prepare for the CISA? You want to move into audit? I found the material very useful and helpful because my own background is risk/audit etc. Did you use the Q&A and prep book? Perhaps go on a course? 
  • Options
    yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I want to do this training. I do cyber security auditing on occasion though I haven't really studied that specifically. Where I work the training budget can be an emotion-guided decision for the powers above unfortunately. That said, I don't think I'd pay for this cert out of pocket at $1200 and I'd rather save my training budget argument for something with a bit more ROI.

Seeing as this is one of ISACA's less popular certs, I highly doubt there's any third party training materials available.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • Options
    scasc said:
    What did you use to prepare for the CISA? You want to move into audit? I found the material very useful and helpful because my own background is risk/audit etc. Did you use the Q&A and prep book? Perhaps go on a course? 
    I was taking the course and used the course material. The problem in Japan is there aren't many good resources available simply because CISA or CompTIA is not that popular or recognised. I am interested and want to move to audit but not progressing well on study/certification perspective.

balance said:
    CySA+ is not an easy exam to pass.   Why not spend  more time and get CISA knocked out.  Check out my " Passed CISA "  thread.  Maybe  the tips can help you. 

Thanks will look into it.
    Sorry, but can you give me the link if you don't mind? Searched "Passed CISA" with your author name but found other members posts about passing CISA/failing CISA which is not that helpful...can't find exact thread titled as "Passed CISA"
    To be honest, my motivation was turning down cause failed twice / studied two years although...

yoba222 said:
    I want to do this training. I do cyber security auditing on occasion though I haven't really studied that specifically. Where I work the training budget can be an emotion-guided decision for the powers above unfortunately. That said, I don't think I'd pay for this cert out of pocket at $1200 and I'd rather save my training budget argument for something with a bit more ROI.

Seeing as this is one of ISACA's less popular certs, I highly doubt there's any third party training materials available.

Yeah you have the point but its cheaper than CISA and does not require to renew it and felt bit easier than CISA so I thought may try this to keep my motivation up high... 
  • Options
    balancebalance Member Posts: 244 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Here you are :  https://community.infosecinstitute.com/discussion/137660/passed-cisa-this-morning#latest

Maybe it helps you .  

I failed CySA+ 2X  but passed CISA the first time. So our experiences are reversed. Don't let failing stop you from trying again. 
  • Options
    justaquestionjustaquestion Member Posts: 9 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Are there books out there for this isaca cyber cert? 

• Options
    balance said:
    Here you are :  https://community.infosecinstitute.com/discussion/137660/passed-cisa-this-morning#latest

Maybe it helps you .  

I failed CySA+ 2X  but passed CISA the first time. So our experiences are reversed. Don't let failing stop you from trying again. 

Thank you so much for showing me the link.
    Have start reading this CISA exam study.

Also thanks for cheering up and will try it again!!
  • Options
    spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Are there books out there for this isaca cyber cert? 

Mainly the one from the certification vendor along with the practice test questions.
  • Options
    @yoba222 - I'm intrigued why you want to move into audit when in Japan you are finding little demand - however when I check there are a number of places asking for the CISA in risk/compliance/audit roles. Depending on where you are in your career/role etc. - you may want to apply to a big 4 as an associate/consultant and build up experience in this area. Agreed around ROI. Generally for Audit roles you will find CPA/CIA/CISA as the main qualifications with the CISA most asked for for IT auditors. If you are game SANS has the GSNA which is pretty in depth technical auditing.

@justaquestion - Only materials I have seen are from the ISACA website (electric or hard copy book + videos). ISACA also have the training weeks so have a look out for these via their website. 

• Options
    In case anyone is interested - New York Metropolitan Chapter has training for this.

https://engage.isaca.org/newyorkmetropolitanchapter/events/recentcommunityeventsdashboard