SANS WorkStudy

peacock_6633peacock_6633 Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
Has anyone been a moderator for SANS recently. I just offered an opportunity to moderate a course and I don't know what to expect. Also the course turns out to be around $2K USD even with this option.
Need some views from those who have done online moderation.
Thanks

Comments

• WhiteMilkWhiteMilk Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Has anyone been a moderator for SANS recently. I just offered an opportunity to moderate a course and I don't know what to expect. Also the course turns out to be around $2K USD even with this option.
    Need some views from those who have done online moderation.
    Thanks
    Even With

Go back on the website and look at the price for the course, on demand, and cert attempt. Then come back and let us know the price you would have paid if you had not done the work study. 

I did 3 last year, all virtually. It started off as Skype and Slack, then it moved to just Slack for communications with my second course. 

I just wrote like 2 paragraphs. Then I realized you didn't seem to sure you wanted to do it so I deleted it. Long story short, all you are going to do is monitor the class channel and SANS slack channel. In these channels you'll escalate student issues, post evaluations, and be the central point of contact of student and instructor problem escalation.

If you want more specific answers, please provide a specific question and I'll hopefully come back and touch on it.