SANS CPE's

TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
Does anyone know if attending SANS Webcasts still counts toward CPE credits?  What Category would they fall under if so? I had a CISSP exam scheduled for Jan. 6th that was cancelled, and I highly doubt I can reschedule the exam before my GREM expires at the end of the month, so I'm scrambling to see what else I can apply towards a renewal, I have 12 CPE already approved for Work Experience, and applied for another 12 from a security conference I attended in 2019. I attended a Virtual Bsides Event in 2021, but this will still leave me short 4 CPE's at best.    
Still searching for the corner in a round room.

Comments

• iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I don't see why SANS webcasts wouldn't count towards CPE credits towards GIAC certifications lol. If any webcasts would count I would think SANS is a no brainer. Should fall under the Community Participation category.

Enjoy https://www.sans.org/webcasts/

Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    For SANS CPE, dont forget to subscribe to their Summit, there are 3-4 years, now all online and it is almost 12 CPE that are submitted from SANS to GIAC for you. 

• FluffyBunnyFluffyBunny Member Posts: 230 ■■■■■□□□□□
    SANS webcasts can defo be claimed for CISSP and other CPE. Personally, I put them under the category of "other education / webinars / podcasts".
  • SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    edited January 2022
    As you accumulate some certification..  dont forget you can double submit.. the same webinar can be submitted to ISC2 and GIAC (if applicable).  Also, dont wait until the end of the years to submit them, it is taking twice the time to fill. 
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    As you accumulate some certification..  don't forget you can double submit.. the same webinar can be submitted to ISC2 and GIAC (if applicable).  Also, don't wait until the end of the years to submit them, it is taking twice the time to fill. 
    Agreed. I use every training, webinar, exam pass, and more across all of my certifications that require CPEs (ISC2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council). I even claim CPEs for on the job learning sessions and time spent preparing for exams. 
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS