SANS ICS410 GICSP EXAM

SkriptKiddieSkriptKiddie Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
Greetings Community, I have attended a six day in person training for ICS410 Course and I've scheduled my exam on April 14, 2023. I'm now having hard time preparing my index. I have taken the GCCC exam last year but it didn't pass. I'm looking for your support if anyone passed the exam recently and could share their index just for my reference. 

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Did the SANS course materials come on a PDF file? If so, you can search it for keywords and keyphrases to put in your index. It really helps to have a column to include a description of each indexed item. Sometimes that's all you need to jog your memory, and it keeps you from wasting time flipping through pages of the SANS manuals during your exam.

• SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I wrote the GPEN exam without an index. However, I have a very good memory and I know where every subject were discussed. 
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
     I'm now having hard time preparing my index. 
    What is your struggle with index prep?
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • SkriptKiddieSkriptKiddie Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @JDMurray I just revised my index and putting the Subject, Book# Book Page and Description. I had call some friends as well who took the GICSP exam last year and told me that they didn't create and index, instead they just put some marks on the book itself and got 88% in the score. I mean, cannot compare it though maybe they had a good memory and considering the experience. But really i am struggling to focus and getting nervous though... 

@SteveLavoie: Same goes with my friends who took this exam. Good for you brother
    E Double U: Don't know if this is the correct keywords. I find it very time consuming to create the index though, i wanted to read the books several times rather than creating the index but majority of the recommendations even from SANS needs you to create an index so carry on.... 
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Creating an index is a study aide for learning the SANS course material. Do it even if you don't want to use an index while sitting your exam.
    @JDMurray yeah i agree, thank you for the tips. Hopefully i can pass this exam. Really cramming to study and pass this 
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    @E Double U: Don't know if this is the correct keywords. I find it very time consuming to create the index though, i wanted to read the books several times rather than creating the index but majority of the recommendations even from SANS needs you to create an index so carry on.... 
    You can read the books several times while creating the index. I have done SANS/GIAC five times and this was my process:

- Go through all of the material (including labs) while building the index
    - Take 1st practice exam
    - Go through all of the material again (including labs) while refining my index; strong focus on my weak areas based on the practice exam results
    - Take 2nd practice exam
    - Go through all of the material again (including labs) while refining my index; strong focus on my weak areas based on the practice exam results
    - Take real exam

So carry on and good luck!
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS