Options

Another ITIL v3 Foundation pass

NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
Hi Guys,

Just letting you guys/gals know that I've passed the ITIL v3 Foundation exam this morning by the skin of my teeth...

Exam pass score: 26/40 or 65%
My score: 26/40 or 65% right in the ball.

The exam itself was very dry, but there were no trick questions. I actually took it the exam online at Vue so I was able to get the results straight away.

Just waiting now for the instructions/congrats e-mail on how to order my cert :)

-ken

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good job! I am going to try to finish my OCS exam within the next month and then begin on my ITIL v3.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Did you take the ITILF course or just read the book?
  • Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    NinjaBoy wrote:
    Hi Guys,

Just letting you guys/gals know that I've passed the ITIL v3 Foundation exam this morning by the skin of my teeth...

Exam pass score: 26/40 or 65%
    My score: 26/40 or 65% right in the ball.

The exam itself was very dry, but there were no trick questions. I actually took it the exam online at Vue so I was able to get the results straight away.

Just waiting now for the instructions/congrats e-mail on how to order my cert :)

-ken

Congrats on the pass. IMO, ITIL v3 Foundation exams are much more difficult that ITIL v2 Foundation exams.

Unless indicated otherwise, ISEB will automatically mail the certificate to you...expect to see it in about 2-4 weeks.

MS
  • Options
    astorrs wrote:

I didn't want to spend 3 days in a classroom sleeping, so I used CBTNuggets ITIL v3 CBT & the book "Passing your ITIL foundation exam: the official study aid" see [urlhttp://www.amazon.co.uk/Passing-your-ITIL-foundation-exam/dp/011331079X/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1212003330&sr=8-6]here[/url].

While the material was alittle dry, it was done at my pace :)

-Ken
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    NinjaBoy wrote:
    astorrs wrote:

I didn't want to spend 3 days in a classroom sleeping, so I used CBTNuggets ITIL v3 CBT & the book "Passing your ITIL foundation exam: the official study aid" see [urlhttp://www.amazon.co.uk/Passing-your-ITIL-foundation-exam/dp/011331079X/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1212003330&sr=8-6]here[/url].

While the material was alittle dry, it was done at my pace :)

-Ken

icon_lol.gif so true...
  • Options
    eMeS wrote:
    Congrats on the pass. IMO, ITIL v3 Foundation exams are much more difficult that ITIL v2 Foundation exams.

Unless indicated otherwise, ISEB will automatically mail the certificate to you...expect to see it in about 2-4 weeks.

MS

Thanks mate, don't know about v2 as v3 was the first exposure to the ITIL framework :)

I believe that I will be getting the cert directly from EXIN and not from ISEB (both are international ITIL® certification boards that can issue the ITIL certs).

-ken
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    eMeS wrote:
    IMO, ITIL v3 Foundation exams are much more difficult that ITIL v2 Foundation exams.

Stop that, you're scaring me! icon_cry.gif
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks