Options

GSE (GIAC Security Expert)

AlexGomezAlexGomez Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

Has anyone ever attempted the GSE exam? Or do you know anyone who has? I was reading this blog about security certifications (http://dmiessler.com/writing/infoseccerts/) and it claims its the toughest certification you could possibly go for.

This is more of a light hearted question cos I doubt anyone who has passed the GSE exam would hang out with us mere mortals (us CISSP folk) :)

Alex

Comments

• Options
    LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    I read some blogs and they say that people who go after this cert just do it mostly for the sport and challenge. At that point in your career, it can't help too much. I guess it's an ego thing.
  • Options
    Ye Gum NokiYe Gum Noki Member Posts: 115
    All of the SANS certs have one huge important thing in common and that is the training FOR the cert itself. You want find any better... any where.

Are they hard to get? They have various levels now so there is something for every level of experience.

I'd put the CCIE up there in "the hardest cert to get" category. It's certainly one of them

Good luck,

Mr. Ye
    "What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do." John Ruskin.
  • Options
    kmornotkmornot Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just took the Sec504 course for GCIH and I have to say it was one of the best classes i have took. Also GIAC exams are open book and notes, don't make the mistake and think it will be easy. the reason it is that way is because they believe in the "real world" people use reference material and don't memorize stuff....