Options

Passed GCIH Today

kmornotkmornot Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
One of the longest test I took in my life. I think I will study from C|EH next, but don't know if it is worth it.....

Comments

• Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats on the pass!! What were you're thoughts and preparation methods for this exam?
  • Options
    I went to the SANSFIRE course in DC, which was an OUTSTANDING course. I do incident handling in my job so I had a lot hands on experience. The good thing about GIAC all there test are open book, open notes, but don't think you have time to look up every answer that time goes QUICK.....but if you are unsure about something is good you can reference it...
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    Are there people in the exam with a million yellow sticky-note bookmarks in their notes and books so they can find things quickly?
  • Options
    sexion8sexion8 Member Posts: 242
    kmornot wrote:
    The good thing about GIAC all there test are open book, open notes, but don't think you have time to look up every answer that time goes QUICK.....but if you are unsure about something is good you can reference it...

Strange kind of test. Congrats on passing it.
    "Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    outsider73outsider73 Member Posts: 15 ■■■□□□□□□□
    sexion8 wrote:
    Strange kind of test. Congrats on passing it.

Yes, but in the meanwhile, it is more like in a real situation where you won't be trying to remember something you learned by heart 2 years ago and never used it, but you know that it exists somewhere 'coz you remember reading it but you can't remember exactly what... icon_wink.gif
    Let's say the truth, we are not living databases for everything, so What do we all do: google it or open a good book where we know the answer is.

I think this kind of test can be very interesting too.

Anyway, congrats for this certification!!
    About C|EH, if I were you, I would be waiting for the version 6 to get released with the new courses and "latest" hacks. You would learn more.
  • Options
    That is GIAC motto, they know in real life events you will be referencing the material either through books or the internet. I think it gives the test a real world feel.....I know I can not remember everything when a certain event takes place......that is just my two cents....
  • Options
    medomixmedomix Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi all
    Now i prepare for GCIH Exam to take it in April, i need your experience in this exam and how to prepare for it regardless of studying materials and practice exams of SANS online . there is any resources to do more practicing .