recently I found this website:
http://www.itiltrainingzone.com
can someone more experienced advise if it is worhty to buy this course,
what do you think ?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I don't know anything about this particular vendor, but nothing on the site leads me to believe it is any worse than any other online or live ITIL Foundation course....

In reality, I believe you could prepare sufficiently for the ITIL Foundation exam by using some of the information at http://www.itil-officialsite.com/home/home.asp , particularly, the glossary. The class is not a requirement for the Foundation exam, and the function of ITIL Foundation is mostly about getting everyone familiar with terms, processes, etc.. and speaking the same language.

If you were in Jamaica this week you could take ITIL Foundation from me...I just finished delivering the first of three days of training...

MS
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    eMeS wrote:
    If you were in Jamaica this week you could take ITIL Foundation from me...I just finished delivering the first of three days of training...
    I wish I was in Jamaica this week... but not for ITIL training... ;)

jamaica-beach-summer.jpg
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure you don't want to be where I am in Jamaica...there's barbed wire around the hotels here, and I'm in downtown Kingston.

Now if someone wanted training in the Montego Bay area, I'd be happy to oblige...

MS
  • Options
    r2rr2r Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for answer. I think I am gonna take life course anyway - it's faster to accomplish. I am in Europe so Jamaica is not an option for me unfortunately.
  • Options
    eMeS wrote:
    I'm in downtown Kingston.
    Eww... nevermind. Oh wait, you're from Texas, did you bring your guns? ;)
  • Options
    I am starting to feel a bit off-topic here icon_confused.gif Thanks anyway.
  • Options
    r2r wrote:
    I am starting to feel a bit off-topic here icon_confused.gif Thanks anyway.
    Sorry about that. icon_redface.gif

Like eMeS said, the foundation exam is very basic in what it covers. I'm sure any of the online courses or just spending sometime on the ITIL website and glossary like he suggested would likely be sufficient. If you do decide to go for that course, let us know how it goes (and how much) as I'm sure others would be interested.
  • Options
    That's circa EUR1200, Ireland - whereas online course I found (from that link above) is around EUR200 + exam (do not know how much and where, cannot find that exam at Prometric)
  • Options
    r2r wrote:
    That's circa EUR1200, Ireland - whereas online course I found (from that link above) is around EUR200 + exam (do not know how much and where, cannot find that exam at Prometric)

The exam is $160 USD through Prometric.

MS