How good can this training "workshop" be ?

UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
My company is arranging this training for us, I just want to know how good can this be and for which certificate can it qualify me ? is it a difficult material ? does it need a lot of preparation ?

ITIL V3 Foundation
Overview
Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) shows you what to do in terms of improving IT operations – and how to do it. All of the ITIL V2 processes are contained within V3, with greater emphasis on how to demonstrate value to the business with examples of ROI statements and case studies. Now is an opportune time to apply the lifecycle principles to your environment and ensure that the service ethos of continual service improvement is an integral part of business as usual.

Course Description
ITIL is a non-proprietary approach for managing IT services, developed in the 1980s by the Office of Government Commerce (OGC) in the United Kingdom. Now considered the de facto standard for managing a business focused, cost effective IT organization, the ITIL framework was recently redesigned from a process-led approach to a service lifecycle approach. This end-to-end view of how IT should be integrated with business strategy is at the heart of ITIL v3’s five core volumes:
• Service Strategy.
• Service Design.
• Service Transition.
• Service Operation.
• Continual Service Improvement.

The ITIL V3 Foundation provides you with a general overview of the IT Service Management Lifecycle and its supporting processes, functions and roles. This certification is the prerequisite for the (later-to-be-announced) Intermediate and Advanced levels of ITIL V3 certification.

Course Name: ITIL V3 Foundation
Instructor : ******
Time: 8:45 AM – 3:00 PM

Note: Coffee breaks and lunch is included.
Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

Comments

• eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good? - That depends on many factors. Such as, is ITIL important in your organization? Does the instructor make the topic interesting?, etc...Not sure I can give you a "good" answer here....

Certification - This course is preparation for the ITIL v3 Foundation Certificate. It is the entry level certificate for ITIL and is primarily focused on an overview of the ITIL processes, functions and terminology.

This course is not required in order to take the Foundation certification exam.

Difficulty/Preparation - IMO it's not difficult, and it doesn't require much more preparation that what you'll do in class. It mostly covers terminology. It comes from the UK, and some of it can seem very foreign. Although I say it's not difficult, many others would disagree...people fail this exam every day.

MS
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    eMeS wrote:
    Good? - That depends on many factors. Such as, is ITIL important in your organization? Does the instructor make the topic interesting?, etc...Not sure I can give you a "good" answer here....

Certification - This course is preparation for the ITIL v3 Foundation Certificate. It is the entry level certificate for ITIL and is primarily focused on an overview of the ITIL processes, functions and terminology.

This course is not required in order to take the Foundation certification exam.

Difficulty/Preparation - IMO it's not difficult, and it doesn't require much more preparation that what you'll do in class. It mostly covers terminology. It comes from the UK, and some of it can seem very foreign. Although I say it's not difficult, many others would disagree...people fail this exam every day.

MS

I don't know anything about ITIL, but my company is ISO certified and they put a lot of effort in following industry standards.

this will be my first experience with the terminology of ITIL, it should be interesting. I think I will go for certification after this course.

Thanks eMeS

• eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Which ISO cert does your company hold?

MS
    eMeS wrote:
    Which ISO cert does your company hold?

MS

it's ISO 27001

The training was really good, and the instructor gave us a summary book that she her self prepared (140 pages), and she said it was enough to pass the exam.

I think the material was fairly easy, and it reminded me much of a class I took back at college: Software Engineer. It's about standardizing how things should be done. And the course was all about terms and definitions.

I think I will take the exam sometime during the next year

• ITILTRAINITILTRAIN Banned Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ITIL V3 Foundation covers a lot of material in a very short period of time (we just got word from the governing body that they are adding one more day to the Foundation program and one day to the Foundation Bridge program) so I would do some prep before the class.

The certification is required to be qualified to take any of the advanced certification courses.

rick