Options

Using the V2 Service Manager Cert to get to V3 Expert

tokyoraytokyoray Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

As I have to fly in to NA from Asia to take any ITIL courses, the most cost efficient manner for me to get my v3 expert certification would be using the V2 Service Manager cert to gain the 17 credits along with the bridge course to bring me up to the V3 expert level.

My question is, all of the v2 Service Manager courses span over a month or so, broken into sections which for some may be appropriate. But, I am looking for something a little more condensed. I have no problem spending any needed time prior to the courses reading all of the v2/v3 books, but at the end of the day I can not take 3 weeks off work staying in a hotel, then fly back again just for the exam. There must be a condensed version out there somewhere for people like myself living outside of North America and needing courses in English where we can do the 10 days in 2 weeks and cap it off with the exam.

Thanks,

Ray

Comments

• Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    tokyoray wrote:
    Hello,

As I have to fly in to NA from Asia to take any ITIL courses, the most cost efficient manner for me to get my v3 expert certification would be using the V2 Service Manager cert to gain the 17 credits along with the bridge course to bring me up to the V3 expert level.

My question is, all of the v2 Service Manager courses span over a month or so, broken into sections which for some may be appropriate. But, I am looking for something a little more condensed. I have no problem spending any needed time prior to the courses reading all of the v2/v3 books, but at the end of the day I can not take 3 weeks off work staying in a hotel, then fly back again just for the exam. There must be a condensed version out there somewhere for people like myself living outside of North America and needing courses in English where we can do the 10 days in 2 weeks and cap it off with the exam.

Thanks,

Ray

I don't know of any condensed version of the v2 service manager courses and test. I'd also point out that you'll be seeing fewer of any v2 courses after 2008, and eventually they will disappear completely.

I can see where a condensed version of the v2 service manager courses/test would be useful for those in a situation similar to yours.

I'd be more than happy to discuss setting something up custom, in your location, if you can find 5 other individuals that share your goal.

Keep in mind that the service manager courses are by requirement taught by 2 instructors.

Message me here if interested in further discussion.

MS
  • Options
    ITILTRAINITILTRAIN Banned Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ray,

I have just what you need. We offer a ITIL EXpert Bootcamp that combines a Ten Day, Instructor Led V2 Service Manager class (includes exams and OGC books) combined with an online V3 Service Manager Bridge class for $6,995 per student.

We have a class coming up in March in Dallas Texas. Please PM if you are interested in attending.

rick