What Does It look Like???

davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey People,

Just wandering what it looks like, yes i searched google for it but there are quite a few different ones.... I got my MCP cert and Damn it looks good, so just wandering how good this will look...

Peace
Failure is a stepping stone to success...

Comments

• nevolvednevolved Member Posts: 131
    What in blazes are you talking about?
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    nevolved wrote: »
    What in blazes are you talking about?

I think he means this.
  • brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    I got the A+ for the 2007 tests and it doesnt look as crappy as teh ones in dynamics forum link. They're still on crappy paper, but they look more modern, and have more color. Blue and purple color i want to say. The "card" is not laminated or like the MCP card either though. It's just a flimsy peice of paper.

I really liked the style of paper and cards for the MCP series. The comptia and MCTS stuff likes like trailer park trash.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    It isn't what the certificate looks like that matters....what matters is when someone claims they are proficient in a particular discipline, that they can actually DO THE WORK ;)

There was just a thread about how everyone throws their certs in a drawer, book, folder and hardly ever looks at them. Personally, I think the wall-o-cert looks really lame. So, mine are nice and straight in a folder, but not up for display and won't be.
    FWIW
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Plantwiz wrote: »
    It isn't what the certificate looks like that matters....what matters is when someone claims they are proficient in a particular discipline, that they can actually DO THE WORK ;)

There was just a thread about how everyone throws their certs in a drawer, book, folder and hardly ever looks at them. Personally, I think the wall-o-cert looks really lame. So, mine are nice and straight in a folder, but not up for display and won't be.
    FWIW

Same! I keep all my certs in a folder ive had since 10th grade, i was just wandering coz some of them are really nice and others look really cheap....

Yeah yr right about one thing, U wont believe how many PAPER MCSE's there are out there!!!

I knew a guy that had his MCSA and he couldn't even setup RAID on a Tower Server that a customer brought into the office, I just smiled and said, "oh, I'll do it' even though I'm like 3 exams away from the MCSA

NB: Yeah the Wall thing is preety corny!!!

Peace
    Failure is a stepping stone to success...
  • kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I knew a guy that had his MCSA and he couldn't even setup RAID on a Tower Server that a customer brought into the office, I just smiled and said, "oh, I'll do it' even though I'm like 3 exams away from the MCSA

Are you talking about that crap "RAID" that you can do through disk management? 'Cause I don't remember being tested on whether or not I could setup hardware RAID.
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    configuring RAID is on the CompTIA Server+ exam objectives, but as far as I can tell it's not anywhere in the MCSA exams' objectives...

And to each their own on display or not displaying their certs. I don't think it's corny to display your accomplishments. (...as long as you're not always dorkily pointing to your certs going "ehhh, ehhh - seeeee, these papers say I'm smart!";)) Some people frame them, some don't. Same with diplomas. It comes down to personal preference I think.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
    Plantwiz wrote: »

FWIW

I disagree with this, even though I have all mine stuffed into a folder also.

For the amount of money these things cost, they should be printed on marble with gold leaf writing. The card should be on a woolly mammoth husk. I would EXPECT more than simple looseleaf paper through a HP1200 allinone printer/copier/scanner.

A+ tests alone cost $464, not counting the books. I would expect them to spend more than a flipping nickel on the certification itself. It's like they just subcontracted the cert printing to some guy in his spare room.
    skrpune wrote: »
    configuring RAID is on the CompTIA Server+ exam objectives, but as far as I can tell it's not anywhere in the MCSA exams' objectives...
    It is on 70-290. Software raid. Not hardware raid.
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    brad- wrote: »
    It is on 70-290. Software raid. Not hardware raid.
    well that's a different story then, I thought we were talking about hardware raid, my bad
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    For the amount of money these things cost, they should be printed on marble with gold leaf writing. The card should be on a woolly mammoth husk. I would EXPECT more than simple looseleaf paper through a HP1200 allinone printer/copier/scanner.
    So by that account an MBA diploma from Kellogg or Wharton (tuition is ~$125,000 USD) should be printed on what... Rhodium?

icon_rolleyes.gif

That's ridiculous.
  • captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    I disagree with this, even though I have all mine stuffed into a folder also.

A+ tests alone cost $464, not counting the books. I would expect them to spend more than a flipping nickel on the certification itself. It's like they just subcontracted the cert printing to some guy in his spare room.
    You mean I could be churning out certs on my laser printer, making the big bucks! Damn, I've been looking for a job for months, what was I thinking? crash.gif
    astorrs wrote: »
    So by that account an MBA diploma from Kellogg or Wharton (tuition is ~$125,000 USD) should be printed on what... Rhodium?

icon_rolleyes.gif

That's ridiculous.

I wonder if one of those schools might help people recognize sarcasm.

icon_rolleyes.gif