Options

VCP-310 Exam Today

stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
Just thought I would let you all know that I took the VCP exam today and I passed with 81 icon_cool.gif

I used the official courseware, the Exam Cram book by Elias Khnaser, vmreference.com Vi3 card, Rob Scmidt's VMware questions and a lab server for the hands on.

I would like to thank everyone that has helped me along the way, you who you are icon_wink.gif

Comments

• Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. How did you find the test?
  • Options
    stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    astorrs wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass. How did you find the test?

Oddly enough I did not find it too difficult and I am a little upset that I did not get above 85. I think the issue is the woolly questions, it feels like a cross between a Citrix exam and the CompTIA Security+, just very odd.

I am happy that that one is out of the way. I taking the rest of the week off before stating Hyper-V next week, whilst I get stuck into this VMware project that I am working on.

It's all good icon_cheers.gif

[EDIT] Now taking Hyper-V Book suggestions, looks like Windows® Server 2008 Hyper-V Unleashed is up on Safari Books. Anyone read this one? [/EDIT]
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    stupidboy wrote: »

[EDIT] Now taking Hyper-V Book suggestions, looks like Windows® Server 2008 Hyper-V Unleashed is up on Safari Books. Anyone read this one? [/EDIT]

Yep, I thought this was a really good book, I used this (and Technet) to pass the Hyper-V exam plus it has enough 'real world' advice in there to make it one you'll want to keep.

Congrats on passing the VCP btw, good job! :)
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    furgoonfurgoon Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I passed this recently myself. It sucks that VMWARE makes you buy the training class in order to be certified.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Hyper-V will be a breeze compared to this stupid thing icon_lol.gif

Congratulations on the pass buddy! :D
  • Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    stupidboy wrote: »
    Oddly enough I did not find it too difficult and I am a little upset that I did not get above 85. I think the issue is the woolly questions, it feels like a cross between a Citrix exam and the CompTIA Security+, just very odd.

Congrats on the pass! I agree that the VCP exam is an odd one, but my only frame of reference is from Microsoft exams.

My VCP exam questions are worded clearly, but some of the things they asked were things that I'd never expect to have to pull from memory. I think one question I had dealt with the specific unit of measurement used on one specific config screen.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    bwcarty wrote: »
    My VCP exam questions are worded clearly, but some of the things they asked were things that I'd never expect to have to pull from memory. I think one question I had dealt with the specific unit of measurement used on one specific config screen.
    That one screen your discussing is one of the most annoying they use a different unit for each field almost. I remember it being explicitly pointed out in my course.