Passed MCSA

Well, passed today with a 790 on my second attempt, seems anyway to have taken a different exam from Essendon reading what he said, because me had at least 15 questions on connectors that involved RGC, SMTP and even x400 connectors evaluating costs of the connectors, configurations and/or costs of routes in routers etc.; some questions involving DNS too and Active Directory. Not too much different from my first attempt at last.
Maybe 5 questions was the same from that, no more.

My advices are to begin with a book (I suggest Sybex or Exam Cram, discarding the MS Press book before all) and Transcender for taking pre-tests.

The bad is that no one of the resources said above will grant to pass this exam, even remotely, so it needs to discover the more it can be done to have chances to pass.

When taking pre-tests, for example, it's a good idea to not stopping just seeing that You answered right, if it is a term or something You ever heard before, then that is a good time to go looking for what it can be. It could make the difference.
Pork 3
Maindrian's music

WIP: 70-236, 70-293 and MCSE.

Comments

• NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats!

I'm happy to hear you got your MCSA now. What's next?
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Congratulations! I'm glad you pulled through ok. 293 up next for you?
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congrats on the pass! (I'm assuming this was the 70-284 exam.) Are you going for 70-293 next?

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • rjbarlowrjbarlow Member Posts: 411
    Slowhand wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass! (I'm assuming this was the 70-284 exam).
    Yea, it is the 70-284, for sure, I did not remember to tell it. :)

Well, I think my next next is the designing part of this, the 70-285.

Ah, I would thank of course this great community of course, always one of the best places (or the best) where finding answers or cues.
    Pork 3
    Maindrian's music

WIP: 70-236, 70-293 and MCSE.
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!!

Yeah, I too had a couple of tricky ones on evaluating connector costs. I couldnt make out head or tail of one question. I cant reveal it of course, but man, all the choices seemed correct.

I'll second rjbarlow's opinion about the text books. You can almost guarantee yourself a fail if you read just the Sybex book. I found the following websites useful:

msexchange.org (loads of screenshots and good explanations)
    petri.co.il (good as usual)
    computerperformance.co.uk (good for a first read, not indepth enough)
    n e t f r e s c o dot com (legit notes, HeroPsycho once suggested them, good for last minute reviews)

and of course, TechNet was my primary reading material. Highly recommended to all, expert or novice.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com