Options

CCA Book

Graham_84Graham_84 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
will this book:

The Real Citrix CCA Exam Preparation Kit: Prepare…Amazon.co.uk: Shawn Tooley: Books

prepare me for the

CCA for Citrix XenApp 5 for Windows Server 2008

Exam.

Just about to get started as dont think there is official citrix books like mspress?

Will this cover enough to pass CCA
Currently having a break after the MCITP:EA. Citrix or Cisco next, not sure!

Comments

• Options
    stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    Graham_84 wrote: »
    will this book:

The Real Citrix CCA Exam Preparation Kit: Prepare…Amazon.co.uk: Shawn Tooley: Books

prepare me for the

CCA for Citrix XenApp 5 for Windows Server 2008

Exam.

Just about to get started as dont think there is official citrix books like mspress?

Will this cover enough to pass CCA

This book is not out yet so I cannot comment, but says it has 100% coverage!

The Citrix Official Course ware covers all of the items that covered and are easy to digest. However, if you are in the UK you can only get these if you attend an Official Course at a CAL.

To add to your learning (whatever it may be), I highly recommend the Citrixxperience.com products. I know that Jeff has recently passed the course using his own material. He has subsequently updated the study guide and question to further assist with your studies. I have not used the A05 products but have used most of the others and they are outstanding.

I suggest that you get an install and play around, however, there are some things that you need to know the theory of too so read will be required.

If you have lots of hands on, you could use the admin guides to help cover the “gaps” and then the Citrixxperience.com products. However, I highly recommend the Official Course ware, if you can borrow this from someone even better icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    Graham_84Graham_84 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ok, im ready to start, Im gonna leave Microsoft for a bit, as attending a course to upgrade my MCSE in May, so gonna look at citrix now. What exam will be CCA in 2008, also where can i get demo presentation server etc?
    Currently having a break after the MCITP:EA. Citrix or Cisco next, not sure!
  • Options
    stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    Graham_84 wrote: »
    Ok, im ready to start, Im gonna leave Microsoft for a bit, as attending a course to upgrade my MCSE in May, so gonna look at citrix now. What exam will be CCA in 2008, also where can i get demo presentation server etc?

You need to get yourself a login over at Citrix Systems My Citrix (if I remember correctly, I have partner access so I get confused) then you should be able to get the software, which you can use for 96 hours. If you needed an extended license you need to contact a Citrix partner and ask them to cut you an evaluation (I think it still works like that).

The CCA - (1Y0-A05) XenApp 5.0 on Windows Server 2008 exam is the latest exam. Obviously you would need to install XenApp 5 on Windows Server 2008 as it is a different product on Windows Server 2003 (almost identical to Persentation Server 4.5).

I hope this helps.