601 in 20 minutes.

bogdan5bogdan5 Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm taking my essantials test in 20 minutes. Wish me good luck.
Going for:N+, MCSA/MCSE.

Comments

• genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    Good luck!
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012
  • DexterDDexterD Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How did it go?
  • bogdan5bogdan5 Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I got 836. I finished the test within 50 minutes.

Topics:
    Power Management.
    Network - know your ip addresses.
    Preventive maintenance - both printers and pc's.
    Customer Service.
    Backup.
    Memory.

Oh yeah I even had a Vista question but I'm guessing it didn't count in my score.

I'm taking 602 this Saturday. I have to brush up on some stuff that I wasn't sure of and I should be good.
  • RyanMTRyanMT Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got the same score on my 601 test last Friday. Sounds like we may have had similar tests, I also had a Vista question. I got the 602 tomorrow afternoon. I'll try to post my impressions.
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats to you both!
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

When I saw the thread title I thought you took and passed the exam in 20 minutes total. icon_lol.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Congrats!
    sprkymrk wrote: »
    Congrats!

When I saw the thread title I thought you took and passed the exam in 20 minutes total. icon_lol.gif
    me too!
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
    Passed! 871/900. Honestly, at the end I thought I would be close to failing. Was surprised to have beat my score on the 601. I thought this test was actually more difficult.
    I pretty much wiped any specifics of the questions once I saw "Congratulations". What I do remember:
    Know your Command Line - they went fairly in depth.
    Know ALL your possible Recovery options.
    Lots of Customer relations type questions that honestly I thought were written horribly, along with the troubleshooting/repair questions.

Well.. on to Net+ (should be a breeze for me, I hope :)) and then probably Sec+, before beginning CCNP (maybe MCSA along the way).
    RyanMT wrote: »
    Passed! 871/900. Honestly, at the end I thought I would be close to failing. Was surprised to have beat my score on the 601. I thought this test was actually more difficult.
    I pretty much wiped any specifics of the questions once I saw "Congratulations". What I do remember:
    Know your Command Line - they went fairly in depth.
    Know ALL your possible Recovery options.
    Lots of Customer relations type questions that honestly I thought were written horribly, along with the troubleshooting/repair questions.

Well.. on to Net+ (should be a breeze for me, I hope :)) and then probably Sec+, before beginning CCNP (maybe MCSA along the way).

Congrats Ryan and thanks for the info. I'll spend some time tonight and tomorrow brushing up on some objectives.
    Congratulations! Glad to see you did well on it. :)
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    sprkymrk wrote: »
    Congrats!

Me Three.

Congrats.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    Me Four

I'm sure it's been done before.

But anyways, congrats on the victories

I found network+ more difficult, don't rush it. I though it was more difficult than Security+ personally.
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics
  • Big JizayBig Jizay Member Posts: 269
    TravR1 wrote: »
    Me Four

I'm sure it's been done before.

But anyways, congrats on the victories

I found network+ more difficult, don't rush it. I though it was more difficult than Security+ personally.

Me 5 icon_lol.gif. Anyways, congratulations! 50 minutes is still fast in my opinion. I usually do my best when I go faster than average, because I don't second guess my answers.
    The only thing that can stop you is you

Currently studying for 70-293
    I'm taking 602 in 9 and a half hours and I feel pretty confident about it. For now I'm going to get some sleep :)
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You should have started a new thread titled "602 in 9 and a half hours" and we'd all be like "Whoa, they give you that much time?"... :p

Good luck! :)
    All things are possible, only believe.
    I passed with 809. I found 602 a lot harder compared to 601. But you know what - a pass is a pass. :D
    Congrats!
    I was surprised to find the 602 harder also, after seeing many posts indicating it was much easier than the essentials.