Options

newbie : mcpd .net framework 2 or mcpd .net framework 3.5

rtr2009rtr2009 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi folks,

Im a beginner vs 2005 programmer and new to this forum and really enjoy the info I found here ,
And as I decide to become MCDP I found two version of the certificate (framework version 2 and framework version 3.5), so should I talk the path to version 2 framework and then upgrade to version 3.5 or go directly to version 3.5, considering the which path will give you more skills and knowledge .

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    Go with anything .NET 3.x and later. All of the .NET 2.0 stuff is over three years old and does not contain any of the newer .NET 3.x features that are currently in demand (WPF, WCF, ASP.NET 3.5, etc.). The .NET 2.0 certs may be deprecated once .NET 4.0 is released later in 2009.
  • Options
    MCPWannabeMCPWannabe Member Posts: 194
    JDMurray wrote: »
    Go with anything .NET 3.x and later. All of the .NET 2.0 stuff is over three years old and does not contain any of the newer .NET 3.x features that are currently in demand (WPF, WCF, ASP.NET 3.5, etc.). The .NET 2.0 certs may be deprecated once .NET 4.0 is released later in 2009.

I echo these sentiments. Good advice. Though I will say this, not much as really changed. Microsoft Marketing just basically renamed everything. For example, with ASP.NET 3.5, you now have partial page updates with a little additional AJAX functionality. It takes about 30 minutes to go over it. WCF is basically web services with standard guidelines taking away some of the past customization options -- though the options are still there if you want to use them. So, you are safe in either one if you are looking for books to save money.
    I've escaped call centers and so can you! Certification Trail and mean pay job offers for me: A+ == $14, Net+==$16, MCSA==$20-$22, MCAD==$25-$30, MCSD -- $40, MCT(Development), MCITP Business Intelligence, MCPD Enterprise Applications Developer -- $700 a Day