CUCM 6.0.1 install trouble

volmeruvolmeru Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey, everyone:

This is my first post on this forum & website, so take it easy on me...!

I have a question - I'm installing CUCM 6.0.1 on an HP Proliant DL320, but it seems to hang upon installation. I can't find any docs or TAC issues describing this on Cisco's site, nothing in my training material, and nothing came up via Google. The server passed the hardware inspection, but it won't go any further.

Has anyone any insight as to why CUCM is doing this?

FYI, the specs for my server are 3.4 GHz, 2 GB RAM; 2 x 72 GB SATA HDD (RAID 1), and it seems to match the 7825H hardware spec on the install list...

Comments

• empc4000xlempc4000xl Member Posts: 322
    volmeru wrote: »
    Hey, everyone:

This is my first post on this forum & website, so take it easy on me...!

I have a question - I'm installing CUCM 6.0.1 on an HP Proliant DL320, but it seems to hang upon installation. I can't find any docs or TAC issues describing this on Cisco's site, nothing in my training material, and nothing came up via Google. The server passed the hardware inspection, but it won't go any further.

Has anyone any insight as to why CUCM is doing this?

FYI, the specs for my server are 3.4 GHz, 2 GB RAM; 2 x 72 GB SATA HDD (RAID 1), and it seems to match the 7825H hardware spec on the install list...

I'm not to sure about the hardware specs for CCM machines, but if its not going to be in a production environment(which you should have a contract so you can get TAC support), you should run it in VMware and snap shot the image, so when you blow it up you can start again in a few mouse clicks rather than spending a afternoon re installing.
  • volmeruvolmeru Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, empc4000xl:

No, this is just a lab machine; I'm working on my CCVP. VMWare doesn't seem to work out for me, which is why I bought the servers. In VMWare, the browser-based GUI connection takes FOREVER, so I figured running CUCM on a real box would work faster.

Boy, was I wrong...
  • empc4000xlempc4000xl Member Posts: 322
    volmeru wrote: »
    Hi, empc4000xl:

No, this is just a lab machine; I'm working on my CCVP. VMWare doesn't seem to work out for me, which is why I bought the servers. In VMWare, the browser-based GUI connection takes FOREVER, so I figured running CUCM on a real box would work faster.

Boy, was I wrong...

How do you have it setup. I run it on a pretty primitive centrino laptop with 2 gig of ram and I have ran CCM4 and 6 with no problem.
  • volmeruvolmeru Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    In VMWare, I had it running with (1) 2GHz CPU, 2 GB of RAM, and with 72 GB of HDD space (unallocated). It installed lightning-quick, but ran as slow as molasses. I figured I couldn't work with that, so I bought the HPs. Maybe I jumped the gun a bit?

By the way, it turns out that all I had to do was wait for about an hour, and the CUCM 6 install on my HP continued. The 'holdup' was right after the SCSI RAID controller was configured; it would just sit there and hang. After that, the install continued, and hung during certain phases (for a LONG time). I recreated this quirk on a couple of installs.

Uninformed, 45 minutes is enough to make anybody think something was wrong, eh?

Thanks for your help, regardless! I got it running just fine!