What have you added new to your bookshelf?

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
Been ordering and receiving a lot of books lately, some for home some for work. What have you added to your collection?

Recent additions:
Mike Meyers Passport for 70-620
Windows 2003 Server Inside/Out (For work reference)
802.11 Wireless Networks The Definitive Guide
Implementing 802.1x Security Solutions
Emerging Technologies in Wireless Lans
Real 802.11 Security: Wi-Fi Protected Access and 802.11i
CWNA - PW0-104 (Shipping in a few weeks)

Comments

• Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Cisco QOS exam cert guide, for ONT/QOS exam prep..

Penetration Tester's Open Source Toolkit, Volume 2
    Hacking Exposed, Sixth Edition: Network Security SecretsAnd Solutions
    The art of intrusion (almost finished it, in 2 sittings!)
    The art of deception..1/2 through...
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Hacking Exposed is a great book! Art of Deception is a good one as well (just about finished) it gave me insights I have never thought of. Let me know how the Pen Testers Open Source Kit is!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I'm reading Cisco QOS Exam Certification Guide as well, should be finishing it up tonight. TCP/IP Routing Vol. II and Internet Routing Architectures are on order, in anticipation of completing my QOS studies and moving on to BGP. A few books I've been meaning to read and haven't gotten around to yet are Learning Python by Mark Lutz and Windows PowerShell in Action by Bruce Payette. Network Warrior is also on my to read list.
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    PowerShell TFM 2nd Edition
    Managing Active Directory with Windows PowerShell
    Visio 2007 Inside Out
    Good luck to all!
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Windows Server 2003 Administrator's Pocket Consultant
    Exchange Server 2003 Administrator's Pocket Consultant
    Windows Power Shell TFM 2nd Edition

icon_thumright.gif
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    the_Grinch wrote: »
    Hacking Exposed is a great book! Art of Deception is a good one as well (just about finished) it gave me insights I have never thought of. Let me know how the Pen Testers Open Source Kit is!

I will definitely let you know what I think! I've heard almost nothing but good things about both books, so we will see. I have read a lot of the art of deception, and highly recommend the art of intrusion if you liked "The art of deception". It's an outstanding book with some downright scary stories!..in an IT sense..hah.

I've recently taken an interest in Pen testing, so we'll see where that leads. Currently working on the DE-ICE projects (just getting started)..I really enjoy them so far.

I would like to add that my next books will most likely be possibly some MySQL or Python books. I say this now, but I have (almost) a full collection of CCIE titles that I have yet to complete..
  • KoolTrixKoolTrix Banned Posts: 130
    BOOHOO.. I don't have a bookshelf.. my books are stacked on my floor..

the books I DO have however are mostly school books, Networking, Cisco, Web Design, C++, A+, etc etc

I also have alot of books that were given to me for christmas.. NSA Secrets, How to think like Einstein, and a crap load of Cryptology/CryptAnalyst, Code Breaking Books..

I haven't read any yet.. don't have the time. and i don't like to read.. lol icon_rolleyes.gificon_cool.gif
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Advanced MPLS Design and Implementation
  • KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    New this year:

Firstly, a new bookshelf. The old one collapsed through sheer weight in January.

Fundamentals of Voice and Data Cabling
    Building Multilayer Switched Networks
    TCP/IP Routing Professional Reference
    Building Remote Access Networks
    Building Scalable Cisco Networks
    Internetwork Troubleshooting
    Hardening Cisco Routers

All dirt cheap from EBay. So much more interesting to read than the CCNA tomes. My trouble is though, I love techie books. It's getting around to reading them that's the problem.
    Kam.
  • amp2030amp2030 Member Posts: 253
    The Practice of System and Network Administration, Second Edition

I had this for a while, actually, but given its size I waited to be done with CCENT before starting it.