Options

Blue Ray Players

mog27mog27 Member Posts: 302
I have a PS3 I use to watch Blue Ray movies on but there are two features it lacks that I really want and am willing to trade it in for a regular blue ray player. I notced it doesn't play all DVD-R/+R backups and one feature I sorely miss from my old DVD player is a position save feature where the player remembers where you left off in a movie when you turn it off and resumes where it was when you turn it back on. Are there any stand-alone blue ray players out there that have that position save feature I had in my DVD player and can play all types of DVD backups?
Any recommendations?
And besides, I never play any games on my PS3.
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

"The internet is a great way to get on the net." --Bob Dole

Comments

• Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Your PS3 sounds like an expensive mistake :D
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I have a PS3 and I watch burned DVD's all the time on it and it always remembers where I left off on any movie I watch. I have the 80gb MGS4 PS3.
  • Options
    I have a PS3 and I watch burned DVD's all the time on it and it always remembers where I left off on any movie I watch. I have the 80gb MGS4 PS3.

Odd. There is not a setting or anything special you had to do to resume playback on a blue ray movie?

EDIT: Maybe I need to try it again. It works on *some* Blue Ray movies: http://uk.playstation.com/help-support/ps3/movies/detail/item97752/DVD-Resume-Play/
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

• Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    mog27 wrote: »
    Odd. There is not a setting or anything special you had to do to resume playback on a blue ray movie?

There is indeed a setting ... First, go to System Settings and disable disk autostart .. then when you insert a DVD / BD, press the triangle and there you get the option to either just play / play from the beginning or eject .. maybe it remembers the last choosen option.
    mog27 wrote: »

EDIT: Maybe I need to try it again. It works on *some* Blue Ray movies: http://uk.playstation.com/help-support/ps3/movies/detail/item97752/DVD-Resume-Play/

Maybe it depends how the BD / DVD is made, whether it has chapters etc.

Edit me too : Ah, I see - so it depends what content is on there ..
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    loxleynewloxleynew Member Posts: 405
    My ps3 remembers as well. I think it even remembers when I watch movies from a flash drive. PS3 is awesomeness...
  • Options
    I did that and it still plays my blue ray movie from the beginning no matter what. Maybe it's one of the movies that can't save its location. The movie is "Mirrors"
    Gomjaba wrote: »
    There is indeed a setting ... First, go to System Settings and disable disk autostart .. then when you insert a DVD / BD, press the triangle and there you get the option to either just play / play from the beginning or eject .. maybe it remembers the last choosen option.

Maybe it depends how the BD / DVD is made, whether it has chapters etc.

Edit me too : Ah, I see - so it depends what content is on there ..

• Options
    How do you guys turn off a movie while it's still playing? I just hit the 'P' symbol until it confirms the shutdown; maybe you have to turn off a movie a certain way for it to save its place?