Options

CCNA: Voice exam scheduled

Exam scheduled for April 1st. Materials used:

CCNA Voice Exam Cert Guide
CCNA Voice CBT Nuggets

I have to say that I have enjoyed studying for this exam. Both the book and the CBT's are very similar to each other because Jeremy helped create both of them. There was not a lot of "theory" but more of "how to's" like setting up call features, voice mail features, dial peers and such. The only things that were theory related that took a while to understand were like dial peers, vioce trunk protocols, CUE interfacing with CME and a few others. All in all if I had the money right now i would probably build a voice lab and go for the CCVP, however that is not an option right now. So after I am done with CCNA: Voice I am going to start studying for CCNA: Wireless.

Comments

• Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Man, your a machine!!!

Good luck on the exam. im sure you'll be fine!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    jezg76jezg76 Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I scheduled this exam for Tuesday, the 31st. I've been studying for it since the end of February, right after I did the CCNA Security. To be honest, I hope I'm ready. LOL!

I couldn't pass up the voucher price of $160.00. Thing is, it requires the test be taken by April 1 so I had no choice. I could have used a little mo' time, but I'm anxious to get into the CVOICE material.

I used the CCNA Voice Official Exam Certification Guide, CBTNuggz, ExamCram CCNA Voice, and GNS3. I also read the Authorized Self-Study Guide Cisco Voice over IP (CVOICE), Third Edition for a deeper understanding on a lot of topics and also to get a bit of a head start for that exam. I couldn't lab up a lot of stuff I would have loved to (CUE, analog port configuration, etc.), but I was able to implement CUCME using IP Communicator and VMWare.

Wish me luck and good luck to everyone taking this thing!
    policy-map type inspect TACO
    class type inspect BELL
    drop log
  • Options
    jezg76 wrote: »
    I scheduled this exam for Tuesday, the 31st.
    Good Luck! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    jezg76 wrote: »
    I scheduled this exam for Tuesday, the 31st. I've been studying for it since the end of February, right after I did the CCNA Security. To be honest, I hope I'm ready. LOL!

I couldn't pass up the voucher price of $160.00. Thing is, it requires the test be taken by April 1 so I had no choice. I could have used a little mo' time, but I'm anxious to get into the CVOICE material.

I used the CCNA Voice Official Exam Certification Guide, CBTNuggz, ExamCram CCNA Voice, and GNS3. I also read the Authorized Self-Study Guide Cisco Voice over IP (CVOICE), Third Edition for a deeper understanding on a lot of topics and also to get a bit of a head start for that exam. I couldn't lab up a lot of stuff I would have loved to (CUE, analog port configuration, etc.), but I was able to implement CUCME using IP Communicator and VMWare.

Wish me luck and good luck to everyone taking this thing!

good luck! thats exactly what i did too. i got the exam voucher which saved me a bunch of money. i also changed my test date to march 31st, so hopefully we'll have two new CCNA:Voice certified people in this forum! also, it looks like you have been studying quite a lot of material so i think you'll be fine. thanks to everyone here for the support!
  • Options
    nel wrote: »
    Man, your a machine!!!

Good luck on the exam. im sure you'll be fine!

thanks, i just have a lot of time on mid shift to study. so i am trying to take advantage of the down time and try to knock out as many certs as i possibly can.
  • Options
    well i passed the exam yesterday. it was a great entry level certification. not too hard, not too easy. now on to ccna:wireless!
  • Options
    i passed
    Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif