So now its time for 291/292

HolyWarsHolyWars Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
So now its time for my MCSA!!!
I have now got through my core OS and electives 70-620 and my MCDST (271/272) and am ready to tackle the Server 03 exams. Any tips and tricks? Also how long is it for the average person too get through these exams?
Thanks dudes.

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think you mean 290/291. 292 was an upgrade from the 2000 MCSE and is no longer offered.

Since you did Vista instead of XP, 290 will still be a lot of new material. 620 didn't get into a lot of things like NTFS/share permissions, performance monitoring, etc. that 270 did. Even so, it shouldn't be too bad. 291 is going to have an enormous amount of new information, so just take it slow and try not to get overwhelmed. You might figure 2-3 months for 290 and 3-4 for 291. It really depends on what you know and how hard you're willing to work though.
  • HolyWarsHolyWars Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    I think you mean 290/291. 292 was an upgrade from the 2000 MCSE and is no longer offered.

Since you did Vista instead of XP, 290 will still be a lot of new material. 620 didn't get into a lot of things like NTFS/share permissions, performance monitoring, etc. that 270 did. Even so, it shouldn't be too bad. 291 is going to have an enormous amount of new information, so just take it slow and try not to get overwhelmed. You might figure 2-3 months for 290 and 3-4 for 291. It really depends on what you know and how hard you're willing to work though.

Yup 290-291 is what I was refering too. MCDST went pretty in depth into Share/NTFS permissions so I am pretty good on those subjects and have been testing and trying out different aspects on my workgroup. MCDST also touched on domain enviroemnts and I feel pretty comfortable in that aspect also. :)
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Cool! I'm not really familiar with the MCDST material, but It sounds like you'll be in pretty good shape for 290.