Fax resume?

Tin_ManTin_Man Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am wondering if I am faxing my resume off, do I need to attach a cover letter also? Which is the preferred method to receive resumes via email or fax? I ask because al ot of the jobs I have seen do not list/have a fax # listed as method of contact.
WIP: 70-647 (5%)

Comments

• djhss68djhss68 Member Posts: 205
    Faxing is so last year.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    djhss68 wrote: »
    Faxing is so last year.

You mean century, right?
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Helpful guys. :)

I would include the cover letter with the resume. That's your quick stop sales pitch after all.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • djhss68djhss68 Member Posts: 205
    dynamik wrote: »
    You mean century, right?
    Millenium actually. icon_lol.gif
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    djhss68 wrote: »
    Millenium actually. icon_lol.gif

haha, i was actually thinking the same thing, I haven't faxed a resume since late 90's early 00's.

But in response to the op it you have a cover letter then might as well fax it along. My personal opinion is that cover letters are not needed. I've never used one myself and I've received an interview most times that i've given a resume. Granted my perspective is a little skewed since all those positions are jobs that I have been asked to apply for from somebody internal :)

Play it safe and fax the cover letter too icon_cool.gif
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    A lot of the jobs you are looking at do not list a fax number because it's not a really highly used method of delivering a resume, and also because if it's an online listing they likely don't want their fax number scraped to increased the quantity of attempted faxes for $199 week long vacations.

But yea, I would include a cover letter. I've heard both ways that some people look at them and some don't, where I work now the cover letter is discarded without being read. It can't hurt to turn one in, at worst it just won't be looked at.