Options

ITIL V3 Intermediate??

petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
Is there (or will there be) an Intermediate level certification? I am considering obtaining an more in-depth background in ITIL but am not sure I want to go all the way to the Expert level.
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
--Will Rogers

Comments

• Options
    ITILTRAIN wrote: »
    Pete,

There are two tracks you can follow for ITIL V3 Intermediate certification
    . . .

The Lifecycle track is targeted at IT managers, Project Managers and Engineers

The capability track is targeted at IT Implementers and Operations individuals

rick

Rick,

I looked at your site, and it seemed to provide clear data on the Expert certification but not Intermediate. So if you complete either Capability or Lifecycle, some certifying body will issue an Intermediate certificate?
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Thanks for the informatoin ITILTrain ---
    Just for clarification purposes --- if I have a friend who is say a, Support Engineer, who would like basic fundamentals of ITILv3 for his own knowledge and for his resume, what would you recommend?

Thanks!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    Looks like I've found a thorough page on ITIL qualification:
    ITIL V3 Qualification Scheme

After reading through this page and the official ITIL Qualification PDF they link to, it appears there is no actual "Intermediate" cert, just one certification for each of the modules at that level. I suppose you could still state you've completed the Intermediate level courses to any interested party.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    petedude wrote: »
    Looks like I've found a thorough page on ITIL qualification:
    ITIL V3 Qualification Scheme

After reading through this page and the official ITIL Qualification PDF they link to, it appears there is no actual "Intermediate" cert, just one certification for each of the modules at that level. I suppose you could still state you've completed the Intermediate level courses to any interested party.

You've linked to a training provider's website, which might change or become inaccurate over time. The source material is available at http://www.itil-officialsite.com/home/home.asp

The specific v3 qualification information can be found at http://www.itil-officialsite.com/Qualifications/ITILV3QualificationScheme.asp , which gives a good breakdown of all of the various ITIL v3 Intermediate certifications. Counting both the Lifecycle and Capability Streams there are a total of 9 intermediate certifications.

MS