Options

Going in for the 70-299

UncleCidUncleCid Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
Sorry that i haven't been regularly posting since my last semester. I have been doing course work and.. dating my gf. ;) I have already gotten my 291 and 294. Anyway before I go into the '299 test anyone have any recommendations? I've got my test banks, but i was wondering about the material that you guys might have found the most difficult. :) ty

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Have you not done 293? You might want to focus a little extra on PKI then. There really wasn't a great deal of new material from 291 and 293. I think there was a little EFS and SSL additions, but it was review for the most part.
  • Options
    LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    UncleCid wrote: »
    and.. dating my gf. ;)

Impressive.
  • Options
    Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What'd you score on GF? Did you pass the first time? What study materials did you use?
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
  • Options
    dynamik wrote: »
    Have you not done 293? You might want to focus a little extra on PKI then. There really wasn't a great deal of new material from 291 and 293. I think there was a little EFS and SSL additions, but it was review for the most part.

No I haven't done 293. 70-299 is the capstone completion for my current degree. Cool, I'll try to look @ my Certificates, IPSec, and SSL. For the most part it did seem the same. The SUS/WSUS stuff i'm a little rusty, but i might as well cover that too. ty as always dynamik. :) I couldn't get my SSL client side certs to work in the labs though. =x

I always score high with my GF. The grading is just as fun as the homework. ;)
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Hit IPSec, Certificates, SSL, TLS, Hashing algorithms, know how to set up security templates. Know the different templates for clients and servers. Know transport and tunnel mode. Use the 299 MS book if you have it and run through the hands-on, as you MAY see some sims.
  • Options
    Made a 924. :D This was the retake, and I got a 511 on the first time.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice! Congratulations icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    dynamik wrote: »
    Nice! Congratulations icon_cheers.gif

Thanks dyna, now i just need to keep myself updated on material. I need to go get a job. I'm, honestly, a little nervous and not sure how i should approach the situation. Seeing how i've never "worked" in IT yet. I'm just THAT dude, atm. ;)
  • Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    Just remember, women prefer hard over floppy, and the bigger the better.
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    HeroPsycho wrote: »
    Just remember, women prefer hard over floppy, and the bigger the better.

*takes notes on a sma.. ..large pad*