vm-help.com

JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
Here's a useful site that has answers to a lot of common questions about ESX and ESXi: Welcome to vm-help.com

There also a modest discussion forum too.

Comments

• snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    Here's a useful site that has answers to a lot of common questions about ESX and ESXi: Welcome to vm-help.com

There also a modest discussion forum too.

+1
    This place is AWESOME!!! I have been browsing there for a couple of months trying to build a good VM Box with what I had. Fortunately, a $350 solution quickly turned into a $15 solution, and I couldnt be happier. Their unofficial whitelist is VERY handy. Also, they have decent documentation of any workarounds/fixes if needed. I FINALLY can get my new study lab going! :D
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    snadam wrote: »
    +1
    This place is AWESOME!!! I have been browsing there for a couple of months trying to build a good VM Box with what I had. Fortunately, a $350 solution quickly turned into a $15 solution, and I couldnt be happier. Their unofficial whitelist is VERY handy. Also, they have decent documentation of any workarounds/fixes if needed. I FINALLY can get my new study lab going! :D
    Don't forget vSphere (ESX 4.0) went GA on Tuesday and has different HCL/driver compatibility than 3.5... especially for FT.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    astorrs wrote: »
    Don't forget vSphere (ESX 4.0) went GA on Tuesday and has different HCL/driver compatibility than 3.5... especially for FT.

I know, I feel so behind icon_confused.gif Ill have to check out the eval version soon.

while I havent looked, do they have a HCL published yet for vSphere?
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    snadam wrote: »
    while I havent looked, do they have a HCL published yet for vSphere?
    Use the online HCL as it is always up-to-date and covers ESX 3.0 and later. PDFs are so last year. ;)