Passed with a 632...

redline5thredline5th Member Posts: 119
Little discouraged...but a win is a win.

Most of my exam was all older stuff. But hey, still happy to have it behind me. Very little stuff I studied for was on it.

Study materials:
*This website technotes etc
*Took a class and read the thompson tech. network+ book
*CBT Nuggets
*Testout
*Quickcert
*Preplogic lecture series
*Random assorted stuff online
WGU - Bachelors in Information Technology

“The liberty of speaking and writing guards our other liberties.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• no1stunna2kno1stunna2k Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. I've been following the map as you pretty much. I will be taking mine on Monday
  • redline5thredline5th Member Posts: 119
    Most of the stuff on my exam was older. I don't know if it was just the "luck of the draw" or what.

Even the interface I used to take the exam looked like it was ancient. I forget what the copy right date was.

On CompTIA's website it says the following:
    The following fulfillment bundles are awaiting address verification:
    • Network+ 2002 Kit
    2002...are you kidding me? Did I buy an old voucher or what? What the hell is up with that? I thought I bought a voucher for 2007.... damn. That could have cost me the exam easily.

Oh well, I'll take it! :D

Next up is the A+. How does the A+ compare (in difficulty) to the Network+?

“The liberty of speaking and writing guards our other liberties.” -- Thomas Jefferson
  • spaatspaat Member Posts: 39 ■■■□□□□□□□
    IMO, A+ was not necessarily harder then Net+, just more studying due to the fact you're taking 2 test. To me they were about equal in difficulty. Oh and congrats on the pass.
  • gravyjoegravyjoe Member Posts: 260
    Congratulations!
    The biggest risk in life is not taking one.
  • redline5thredline5th Member Posts: 119
    Thanks guys! It means a lot.

Can anyone comment on the older part of the exam? I feel like I took an ancient exam. Nothing like I studied for and all of my stuff was for the 2005/2007 objectives.

Here's another clue: My exam was 85 questions and on CompTIA's site it says it should be 90 questions (for the 2007 objectives). I am quite sure that I took an old exam.

• crip1087crip1087 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just took the 2007 Edition (N10-003) on 5/28 and passed. And when I went on the CompTIA site to verify my address, it also says Network+ 2002 Kit. So your not the only one. I was wondering also, but the exam I took was 90 questions.
  • nash0924nash0924 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    spaat wrote: »
    IMO, A+ was not necessarily harder then Net+, just more studying due to the fact you're taking 2 test. To me they were about equal in difficulty. Oh and congrats on the pass.

I would second that.
    WIP: MSc.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Good work!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    In my opinion all CompTIA tests are easy. I took Network+ very first as well, then Security+ and then A+. I didn't study for A+, I passed both tests with an 800. You shouldn't have any headaches passing the exams. Happy studying.
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics